The Racers Room

I’m with you on the front wheel drive brother! Skateboards are more stable with your weight over the front wheels. Breaking then becomes the issue where you need to shift your weight back?

I have been running my front trucks wider than my rear of late and I like it (gravity). The rear is still stable from the low angle but then turns in better when I want it to. 10mm seems to be enough to give the board the right feeling.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with next :star_struck: :checkered_flag:

1 Like

1151wh stack & pack. From yesterdays data at Tepe’s& Tacos Down hill event I should be able to make 4 runs on a single charge at this 3.5mile course uphill with a 40mph setup. Going to try the down hill portion as well and see how it goes…

2 Likes

how are the taco’s bro?

Taco’s are bitchin… this is my first DH/ freeride event. The promotors and skaters are warming to the idea of an esk8 on the hill. The raceboard has exceeded my expectations with a 6min run on video uphill on a 3.5mile course I’ve never seen. Promotor said 6min is a mid pack DH time… Got Video of the DH on the raceboard. Brakes worked flawless and coupled with the grip, was able to over take and pass skaters on the way down…time again was about 6min… used just over 1v of battery going up and down the hill in my 38000mah 8s pack on a 40mph setup. Stoked to be here doing this… Making another run at the hill this morning.

7 Likes

Yeah, shreding MoeBro!

Passing on the DH wtf?

whats your esc set up, max? I think you are trimming it conservative… I have screen shots and logs of castles xl x doing over well over 200A, near 300A?

Ripple is low I think you can push harder bro. What max have you set on the castle?

Amp max set low at 160a per esc. Punch control at 70%. The motors and esc’s are not having to work very hard. That is what you want to see. Power wise it is lacking no where. I feel I could gear this thing at 50mph for the hill and still not build heat on either the esc or motor…

2 Likes

i Would have started at 220 :hushed:

way to go MoeBro

It is a long hill, your numbers seem low but! I just wanted to see big numbers like the high speed pass guys near 300A :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Had the opportunity and pleasure of being allowed some time on the hill at Tepe & Tacos family freeride event in Santa Maria CA. A special thanks to promoter Kevin Reimer for giving us the green flag on this. If there is any doubts an Esk8 can’t do this I hope this changes some minds. The DH crowd there was cool as hell and the talent pool was deep. A fantastic ride Enjoy :checkered_flag: :checkered_flag: https://youtu.be/R0Y0-aL2cmU

7 Likes

Awesome Bro, did you get any jockeys to ride your NKP three links on a gravity board down the hill?

Motors/ESC/batteries all looked to handle the re-gen current on the way down & the load on the way up with ease… looked cool as a penguin bro :penguin:

Got to hang out with a guy named hippie Steve and his two buddies from Back East there on a West Coast winter skate sabbatical. He got on the race board and pinned it at 40 mile an hour no problem but not on the course. I kept wondering to myself where in the hell have I seen this guy before, then it hit me. It’s a small world out there fellas.

5 Likes

I noticed in the video there looked to be a new vertical linkage on the rear axle?.. Maybe I only just noticed it? Raising the axle connection reduced the angle of the rear 2/3 links, was this new for the DH? Is that a removable/tune-able part of your raceboard kit?

Verticle link attached the rear axle to the CBR 1000 stabilizer. Raising the radius rod angle on the board side increases the steering ratio, much like changing RKP angles in the base plate… I had the rear angle set at about 20deg rear steer.

2 Likes

I meant the link on the rod attachment on the left, next to the pinion gear/right of the hub.

On the rear because of the frame step up to accommodate the dampener. It allows the radius rod pick-up point to be placed on top of the axle. I think that’s what you were saying?

does that mean the rod now has a different angle? well it does, but the pick up points… hurting my head :face_with_thermometer:

I have been thinking about trying a fwd or awd build for some time… I really hate the torque vectoring that happens under acceleration and braking on RWD :confused:

1 Like

Rod above or below the axle works the same. The attaching angle to the frame deceides the steer/ tilt ratio. On the Tepe video I was had it set about 20deg running upwards to the chassis from the axel.

3 Likes

So less angle on the connecting rods = less steer correct?

Does distance from center pivot to the linkage point have any effect? Ie I see you have the connecting rods close to the end of the truck, vs toward the middle/center.

Correct me also if I am wrong, but this 3 link system has no truck slop? I don’t imagine it does based off the design and ball pivots being basically slop free.

@MoeStooge

@MoeStooge can’t wait to get some hummie hubs on one of these guys! Would love to see how it controls with them! Shouldn’t be too much longer! Let me know what I can do to help make it happen!

1 Like

:+1: Does distance from center pivot to the linkage point have any effect? Ie I see you have the connecting rods close to the end of the truck, vs toward the middle/center. Having the rod pick-up point close to the wheel gives the rod a better fulcrum advantage over the axle. A middle axle pick-up point would work fine as well but does not increase the tilt steer ratio.
Correct me also if I am wrong, but this 3 link system has no truck slop? I don’t imagine it does based off the design and ball pivots being basically slop free. :+1: you can hang a high watt single on this system and it will not truck walk (stear) under acceleration or braking

3 Likes