Love it. Keep it up!

2 Likes

More test runs from the dry lake. Esc trouble https://youtu.be/FWi0DiXzIxQ

3 Likes

54 mph run. https://youtu.be/N_V7_GKAg4s

9 Likes

Danm, that sound when you passed the camera. Music to my ears :slight_smile:

2 Likes

just added some of your videos to my playlists. Good stuff!

2 Likes

Awesome!!

@MoeStooge I think it’s almost time to bust out the tire groover, get all aerodynamic and go for the world record.

1 Like

I agree, but it’s harder than it sounds. For one, you can’t go over the erpm limit of your esc’s. This is an advantage for hub motors. VESC6 might be needed. Also, 4wd would help give that extra push at high speeds and put less strain on the esc’s. Really, it’s most important to over engineer a bit, cause no one wants to fall at those speeds.

I talked to @MoeStooge at SPD2 about adapting his trucks for hummies hubs. Maybe we could work together to get some higher kv with larger wheels on them for a record attempt.

3 Likes

Hummies on a three link sounds like an awesome idea. Id love to see that.

@MoeStooge 's setup is blessed with not having to worry about erpm. Considering the rate he was accelerating when he hit 57mph he had all the power and gearing he need to smash the record as well. From my vantage point on the radar gun, he would have beat the record if he had stayed on the throttle for 1-2 seconds longer. We’ll have a new record soon Im sure.

5 Likes

I had no idea that board was that fast, haha.

Great stuff! Can’t wait for more and the next Performance Day! Should have the final version of hummie hubs riding with in the next 10 days.

3 Likes

Special thanks to @BigBoyToys and @1Oldbaldguy. Glad you didn’t have to use the shovel​:+1::checkered_flag: https://youtu.be/cukkNbBSQmQ

8 Likes

what was happening where you were skidding?! that sounds insanely dangerous and luckily it didn’t throw you off with that insanely long skid mark. or do I have it wrong and you just happened to hit that line in the dirt and it gave you a wobble? maybe practicing in the dirt is the safest. I couldn’t see up the road at all though

I was having an intermittent problem with the esc on deceleration with the throttle @ neutral position. It would act like the motor would loose sync with the esc for a micro second and chatter. Could duplicate on the bench and would see a corresponding spike in the data log. Could not duplicate if I unplugged both esc and calibrated controller before each run after that incident. Gonna try reprogramming on a different laptop but my expectations are lower than hopeful.

2 Likes

I thought for a minute you meant if you recalibrated (what do you mean by that?) then the problem went away but I guess not. maybe you could send a big brick to 60mph first to make sure. Is the record still 60mph?

1 Like

Fuggin epic!

2 Likes

woo you fell off I didn’t see THAT video. nice to see you were pretty much ok. why do you think the board all of a sudden seemed to be lost from you or was it a build up? @MoeStooge are you sore now?

1 Like

Wow, I hope you didn’t injure much. Wish you quick recovery.

1 Like

looked like you dropped the hammer (WOT), back end broke loose, fish-tailed and you took a low side to try slide it out rather than get high sided?

either way tough brake bro, you coming up ok? next run you got this dude!

looks like you have speed to spare :checkered_flag: your lighting up the rear at nearly 60mph :joy:

1 Like

I’m inclined to think what @Cobber was saying. With most of my weight on the front foot and the air pushing back, I suspect I have found where the lake bed starts losing forward bite. Maby aero or static down force would have helped…

3 Likes

do you thing swapping to fwd, running the board in reverse would help? sounds crazy

1 Like