The Racers Room

I guess my Esk8 convention thread is locked down too

3 Likes

This is ridiculousā€¦ How is, how your board performs not relevant to building it and making it better? :anguished: Really need to find out why or we will just keep repeating, is it a liability thing, is it cause we arenā€™t drinking the raptor-aidā€¦?

1 Like

Well, I am one of the waiting pre-orders, so I would be surprised if that is the driving force.

Hereā€™s the thread that caused the closure. Looks like a simple group ride with some mention of evolve. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/october-20-22-socal-legend-evolve-group-ride-vegas-all-invited/32204/5

1 Like

yeah I caught that Nummy but didnā€™t link or mention because it might be antagonisticā€¦ but without knowing whyā€¦ It doesnā€™t make sense to say not on this site I own, use my other one?

1 Like

Wellā€¦this is a change of tune. A different attitude than the open arms this site had in the beginning. That section was created by Jason for the purpose of meet ups, no exclusionsā€¦I guess something changed suddenly

2 Likes

@MoeStooge can you describe your vehicle some more because I know youre using a bigger gear ratio with cogs and an inrunner. Iā€™m interested in how efficiency could go up using a much bigger gear ratio and an inrunner which would have better coolingā€¦possibly even liquid cooled.

this double helical gear has the potential to get a much bigger gear ratio than a pulley and belt, which would be better for mountain climbing efficiency, and the gear itself seems to be even more efficient than the belt and pulley and can be made almost silent. Iā€™m liking the idea of making a mount for it that would run maybe a 1000kv inrunner and going for ultimate efficiency.
http://www.engnetglobal.com/images/enhanced/productdetail/SKS001big010610085144pd3.jpg

2 Likes

Cool, joined. You really do a good job with updates on your other fb page. Id be happy to contribute to this one as well.

1 Like

Thanks ā€¦ send me photos and videos people

You may email at [email protected]

Shoot me whatever you want and Iā€™ll do my best to incorporate it into the page

1 Like

@BigBoyToys is an Admin for Esk8 Racing International

Please feel free to add your own graphics if you would like.

1 Like

Helical gear setup would be cool. Not much out there in the cheap and readily available. Potentially a better setup but very unforgiving in the alignment Dept. For me the square cut are strong, forgiving and gear ratio availability is also abundant and cheap. I see some single helical gears being used in helicopter drive systems. I put down 4200w per wheel through two 200a car esc. Itā€™s power is raw and unforgiving. I have yet to have a mechanical drive system failure in its current setup. I did get a napkin stuck in the gear once. The spur gears donā€™t wear. The pinions are $8.00 and are a maintenance item. I start looking at them around 50 miles of hard riding. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/spur-gear-approach/24506/12?u=moestooge

2 Likes

If any would like to help write something up that help define what the page is aboutā€¦that would be awesome

Let me help you give me some initial content

Send me a photos of your boards and the specsā€¦Iā€™ll post them up

The esk8 club site is not dead. It was only just born.

Itā€™s not geared towards Raptor or Enertion. Itā€™s about Riding Electric Skateboards, racing and events and enjoying the act of riding (minus the techno babble)

For example, if you ever want your esk8 expo to be successful you need to step out of the DIY world and attract a broader audience. You wonā€™t do that here.

Diy is a tiny part of the esk8 market. Doing all your discussion in here, when itā€™s not specifically about building, is actually scaring people away and limiting your reach. Donā€™t you want more punters at your race event?

You said it yourself, you are sick of noobs continuosly asking how to solder their vesc, battery and motors. Itā€™s very messy and technical, Thatā€™s not a great impression for people who just like to ride. This place looks foreign for non-diy people.

Donā€™t be so closed minded. With you or without you the esk8 club will be much larger community than esk8.builders.

Have faith.

Lol

What is that meant to mean?

You closed it there as well

That is just a post, it is the category description.

The category is open. Just create a new post.

1 Like

Okie doki ā€¦

1 Like

I can guarantee you guys there are 100x fold more ā€œridersā€ then there are esk8 ā€œbuilderā€™sā€ā€¦ Diy is an ultra-niche market.

If we want racing to go mainstream we need to think big. It must be a big global community, big brands and we also need spectators who show up and buy beer and food and ticketsā€¦ Where do you think the prize money comes from?

4 Likes

who are you to play god?

2 Likes