The Racers Room

Disclosure: This is a place for Racers and all things racing related. A place for call outs, banter and rhetoric. Leave your last feeling at the door so it doesn’t get stepped on.

4 Likes

Hey, @BigBoyToys. I think this dude may have one of the nastiest setups in SoCal. AWD Hubs making big Watts. Derek how is the health on your machine. I think your build would shine in a 200’ drag race againsed my dual motor. I know a guy who is also down for the 200’ who has a quick single motor if you could find someone to race him. :checkered_flag:This is what a call out looks like fellas.

2 Likes

Had the race board up at Pat’s Acres near Portland Oregon. Cam, (I think it’s short for camshaft or Cameron maby) the owners son spent some time on the track gaging the feasibility of an esk8 racing event at their racing facility. A great family with a racing tradition. https://youtu.be/SBwAO7dxdGc

Are u reaching top speed in 200’? I would think id need a 330. Is your set up sensored or would it be a kick start race?

@MoeStooge where you live Bro?
Race for slips!!

3 Likes

If ya think 330’ would make a better race, sounds good. If kicking gets ya off the line quicker then kick it. Don’t jump the start or cross the center. Do these things and cross the finish line first wins the race.

1 Like

Im in and around the Greater Los Angeles area. @WARMAN if you want some I think my buddies single will give you all ya want

Haha tell ya what! It’s leg day everyday! tell ya mate with one motor I’ll push and win :muscle:

1 Like

@warman is a cool handle but don’t ruin it by having Delusions of Grandeur. I’m serious about his single. If your running dual 6374 on belts it’s gonna be a good race.

well first thing that comes to mind is the different classes. There could be a single motor class, duel motor class. AWD class. The could also be a restriction on battery cells for each class, and wheel size restrictions.

The could be what is know as a unlimited class with less restrictions outside of maybe board size and what not. This is so people don’t start building and racing thing that just don’t look like skateboards anymore. I think his happened in downhill skateboarding in the late 70’s or earl 80’s.A Fat dudes on what amounted to street luge started winning some of the more open events.

Then we have race styles, rally, track, “stock car”, downhill… just some ideas.

1 Like

WARMAN is not a handle! I was born a WARMAN just like my father and his! Cool race on! I just need to figure out how many charges it takes to get from the UK to LA :thinking:

2 Likes

200 feet? Let me know when you are ready for a 30 mile race :wink:

Distance racing could end up being a team event. Keep your team leader in the draft till the last 5 since he will be riding on taller gearing… give it time, it will happen.

10 Likes

A competitive poker run would keep it fun and allow riders with factory boards to top off their packs.

2 Likes

I’ve never tested how many feet it takes to get up to speed so hard to say. I can say @ 300’ this race could be won by mph and not accel. Should make for an interesting dynamic to this race.

1 Like

Personally, I want a paved track (with angled corners like a real race track). It will happen when I get the space and funds to do so, likely a little more inward from the shore though. Need land, lol. I think a minute to 2 minute lap would suffice to start.

2 Likes

I was at California speedway in fontana couple weekends ago and thought the grounds there would be perfect on off-race weekends. Its a giant parking lot, recently paved in most places. Would probably have to contact the grounds to get permission though.

1 Like

lol I was gonna start a thread too hahah great minds think alike @MoeStooge

1 Like

Hey that’s poker run is right up my alley :call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

And if you all don’t mind …I may incorporate some of your ideas in the Esk8Con

Pacific raceways up here have both go kart and banked race course with elevation… It would be perfect. I asked them about esk8 and they did not sound too excited about the idea. I think it would take many $$$ to use their course …

1 Like