The Orange Firefly | Turnigy SK3 6374-192kv | 10S3P 25R | VESC 6 | 3D-printed enclosure & motor mount | Custom deck

This video shows both my builds:

This video is of my motor while in motion at ground level:

2 Likes

Do you have a file you can share for the belt, motor cover?

It is 3D-printed, in two parts. Just gave it a few coats of paint, and some light sanding :slight_smile:

hi @solidgeek, where did you get the 15t pulley? I also have the turning SK3 motor and wanted to make sure I get a pulley that fits properly. im not really sure what ones will work I am very new to making electric long boards.

Where did you buy your pulleys and your band

Sorry for the late answer, I have been busy working on my custom nRF24 remote :slight_smile: @lucasbuckleynz I bought mine from @Titoxd10001, however, I donโ€™t know if he got any left :slight_smile: I bought my belt in a local shop :slight_smile:

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/europe-1x-15mm-steel-motor-pulley-remaining/21733

However if you got a Turnigy SK3 motor the shaft diameter is 8mm, so you would just have to find a pulley with the same shaft diameter :slight_smile:

If you are interested in my remote build you can follow my progress in this thread:

1 Like

yea unfortunately i am in New Zealand โ€ฆ so no one ever posts to here. It looks like i will have to try to source one. thanks all the same.

Did any one ever find out if Solid Geeks Motor Mount design works for a 265 belt?? I want to give it a try but that is the belt I have right now.

Not true, PLA works perfectly for pulleys. ABS works best in high temp situations due to its thermal properties, but PLA works just as well for pulleys. Pulleys donโ€™t see the high temps ABS is traditionally used for. Iโ€™ve made and shipped 20+ sets of pulleys for people are not one has ever complained about durability. I have a single pulley that I put around 600 miles on in 8 months and it still worked perfectly ( it had to deal with a 6374 on high voltage for those 8 months too). They are far cheaper than nylon, and do just as good of a job. I would never recommend anyone to spend extra $$ on any material other than high quality PLA.

EDIT- Sick build bro, got yourself a better boosted board for half the price :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi @nmiller14 it depends on your gearing ratio. I used a 15/40T gearing, and because of that I needed a longer belt. If you use lets say a 14/30T gearing, a belt lenght of 265-270 would work. What is your gearing?

(this is the calculator I have used: https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/)

The center distance is the distance between the truck axle and the motor axle :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great design of the remote. Can we get a parts list maybe some STL files

It looks like I can get it to work with my 12T/32T 265. Thanks, as per the calculator I will have only 5 teeth in the mesh. Do you think that is sufficient? I was also thinking of doing slight modifications to it. Could you share the file in a format that is AutoCAD friendly. All of this is much appreciated. Thank you.

@nikoli280 Thanks! I have made a seperate build-thread for the remote, with a parts list and the STL files :slight_smile:

@nmiller14 I โ€œonlyโ€ got 6 teeth in the mesh, however, it works great. My belt is 15mm, which works great for a single motor setup. I am not sure if AutoCAD can open and modify Inventor files? PM me, I am sure we can find a solution :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You could do a diagonal setup, one in the front and one in the back

What is the flex of your board.

Curious about the way you connecting the motor to the truck risers. Did you found right angle bullet connectors or you just soldered the wires sideways into normal ones?

Cheers!

I soldered the wires sideways :stuck_out_tongue: It was a little messy, but it works!

Hey I like your mount design and was wondering if I could have the AutoCAD file?

is there any way you can share the 3D files for the battery case. Thanks!

Hi, I love your progress. Iโ€™m working on a new enclosure for my board since I busted my spacecell mounting holes due to my Concave deck. Iโ€™m wondering if you have any suggestions on creating an enclosure 3d printed/fiberglass that would work with a flexy, Concave deck. A few people mentioned you from some of my questions. I made a 3d nylon wheel pulley, hoping it works out. I havenโ€™t been able to use it yet as my board was hit by a car and I havenโ€™t found a belt that fits my new wheel setup yet. All suggestions are appreciated.