The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

I doubt you’ve even read my entire post if you replied in mere seconds… But to be honest your posts were completely incomprehensible with no structure in them whatsoever. They reminded me of a local conspiracy theorist that often came to preach before class.

I’m sorry again if this comes across as hostile, I really don’t mean to.

2 Likes

Huh?!

Sigh… Well I tried folks. I hoped my scientific background made a difference :wink:

11 Likes

I don’t think trucks like caliber and Paris come with hardened steel stronger than stainless. Just by cutting threads in stainless steel by hand I have to put all my body weight and all my strength into it and with “normal” Steel I can do it with one hand no problem. I know these are not be the same forces but just as example. But I think you should be looking into a custom hanger not a stronger axle or somewhere in-between your small hubs and this large hub

@devin, your hand-drawn picture in post 1227 is certainly flawed. A longer motor definitely creates a larger lever and more force on the axle.

@hummie, don’t give up!!!

Your large motors looks great and would be a good alternative to what is around elsewhere.

Btw I also think that dremeling was one of the main issues here, but for other reasons than devin mentioned. Your dremeling probably created a surface on the hanger that was not 100% perpendicular to the axle.
Then the motor with the large lever was allowed to wiggle up and down while riding which probably caused the axle to break due to fatigue.

So the ideal hanger for your motor a) would be very thick in diameter in order to have a large contact area with your motor b) would be machined to have a nice and perfectly plane area c) in order for the hanger to be machined, the axle needs to be removable

no idea if such a hanger exists.

hmmm, @devin, you remind me of your president.

Always instantly lashing out when feeling attached … in war with the whole forum.

please assume that people want to help … … but not everybody has infinite time to go into lengthy discussions.

I don’t need to calculate dynamic leverage wattage in a parking lot in order to understand that your picture is flawed. It’s far simpler than that: a longer lever creates more leverage, as simple as that.

Now we should concentrate on how we can help hummie. The important part of my post was actually the second half about the not plane surface creating stress.

Oh new pictures! . . . again! :monkey:

@devin Somebody made a scratch in my car and didn’t leave a note. Should i send you some pictures?

Go to a material lab with a motor and a truck and let them measure the forces to destroy it. Then take a normal truck and wheel and do the same.

BTW the last picture looks like a planet with a galaxy system in it. Without the weird lines (only the author knows what they should be good for) it would be a nice picture.

2 Likes

Why make it complicated and calculate wattage?

@hummie had motors, they were attached to hangers and the axles didn’t brake.

Then hummie made longer motors, dremeled the hanger and one axle broke.

1. we have a lot of people with dremeled hangers, I haven’t heard of a broken axle (I have dremeled hangers and haven’t broken an axle).

2. longer motors create more force

So if hummie wants to continue with his larger motors, how can the force on the axle be reduced? => larger and very plane contact area where hanger meets motor