The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

a longer wheel makes a longer lever.

i don’t want to be saying things over and over and you posting and saying the same thing over and over. the ground is not always smooth and forces are put on the farthest edge of a wheel. when that happens the leverage is increased. there are three points of leverage, where it touches the baseplate in the center and wherever the two wheels are touching.

1 Like

instead of me writing the same thing repeatedly just read what I just wrote over again and Ill do the same.

1 Like

I think you do have a different lever effect in the marked circle by changing the wheel size:

2 Likes

flat does not always mean flat!

my turn

1 Like

if you go to endless sphere and search devin you’ll find that the current is smoothed out by inductors and you don’t have moments of huge torque during low duty cycle with the pwm. i’ve told you this many times as you’ve told me this many times. I’ll cut and paste for you here two people who design and sell electric motors confirming this on es.

"With the 10% duty cycle, you won’t have 100 amps for ON portion or the cycle and 0 amps for the OFF portion. Instead you’ll see something like 8 amps ramping up to 12 amps during the ON portion,and that 12 amps gradually ramps down to 8 amps during the OFF portion. On average it stays pretty close to 10 amps, and will have basically the same heat generation as if it was a steady 10 amps at 100% duty. "

“the motor winding inductance filters the current into a fairly smooth value. The huge current pulses are from the capacitor bank through the FETs.”

1 Like

don’t know if those were bent from use or came with a bit of that already. looks like they’re bent from use and you wouldn’t want to ride those. I’ve seen some trucks come with a bit of a bend on purpose, most come bent as a result of the casted aluminum around it, and it’s not desirable. I guess if I wanted to use trucks like that then all the force would be put on a shorter lever but that would only last till the wheel wore down. I’m sure the performance would suck

When i put my set of Paris’s on the lathe to fit TB’s motor mount on them, the axles were not true, had some wibble wobble to them…

1 Like

that’s common in a non-precision cast truck. paris are one of the better in that regard and have less wibble wobble

Just adding to @DeathCookies drawing, on how leverage could have snapped the axle.