The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

Anyways why are we arguing about something other then the hubs? This thread was for the hubs not someone idea of dremeling a axle.

Okay so that was user error. I donā€™t know why people want to modify trucks. Those thing keep your wheels on and you going smoothly. Thatā€™s like modifying the wheel bearing on a car to make it thinner.

Making something thinner in width and longer in lengthā€¦ Failure happens.

1 Like

tal = TC /J. Torque Radius and polar moment of inertia

I never said it was a good idea to do ANY machining to ANY AXLE EVER

Yes itā€™s not always true if the material is over made such as a titanium rod versus a aluminum or steel rod. But in general terms itā€™s almost true with exceptions.

theres many different alloys with either but regardless, after snapping the axle like I did, and having a really hard time trying to find anyone whoā€™s done the same while normally skating, and since Iā€™m not going to do rocket science testing to figure what exactly happenedā€¦just gunna keep to the smaller motors. people can post and think about it till their head explodes but without real testing no one knows and Iā€™d rather be safe/

itā€™s surprising it happened because a lever is twice as strong if itā€™s twice as long. these motors made the lever maybe 2.5 times as long and I assumed that a normal skate axle not being used for extreme tricks and stuff could handle that.

if you look at the link i posted youā€™ll see itā€™s very common. its not dremmeling the axle its cutting off the aluminum around it

Question: So are we completely ruling out that running the longer single hub motor with the shorter free wheel on the same axle may have contributed to this failure?

1 Like

if on the other side of the hanger the wheel was longer it would add to the load on the axle with the motor on it. I think itā€™s easiest to imagine the forces exerted when riding down a hill with a slightly concave surface like a tube as thatā€™s the situation where the leverage happens and that situation happens. a longer wheel on either side will add to the stress on both axles.