The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

How are these nitrile wheels compared to regular polyurethane wheels such as Abec 11 flywheels and Orangatang (theoretically on paper of course since you haven’t ridden them yet)? Smoother? Better durability? Or the only benefit is the better heat resistance?

1 Like

Yea I haven’t ridden them yet. Been waiting for these for a while had to throw them up here immediately. And the big one. In a way the rubber is really known to all of us since its all around us. The differences between the nitrile vs polyurethane…will see soon and tell u but it’s feeling really good in my hands. (Got new batteries and running in the next day or two).

1 Like

I’m just very curious because there are not much info regarding the use of nitrile rubber as skateboard wheels. I guess we will see soon enough.

I’m definitely going to pm you for a new set of rubber!

As much as I like my current hubz, I’ve burned through the rubber really fast, to the point where I really can’t ride it right now.

That said I’ve been riding at the beach where they have the shittier sidewalks only barrable with a kickball…

It’s really just the heat that kills them though I think. Can’t wait to finish this battery so I can try them and see how they do at high heat and if they can’t do It can get the hydrogenated version of the rubber which defiantly can do the heat. A couple of days trying them and then I’ll order a bunch in 80 duro. 10$ each for u likely as long as this stuff is good…the hydrogenated is more expensive

1 Like

@Hummie Any possibility of doing 90mm tires too? I’d take a set or two of those.

I could but with the extra long wheel and 80 duro it’s doubly smooth. Not that I’ve ridden these in particular but I have ridden really long wheels and it really smoothness the ride. Rather stay low to the ground and have room for the drop deck. I probably will get a 90 made but have to go step at a time

@Hummie Actually, I was talking about your regular hub motors. Are you gonna make the rubber tires for those too?

90mm on those small motors would be too taxing. Whenu kill those motors since u helped me from the beginning I’ll give u one or two of the biggie motors cheap as I can. Ultimately all those aluminum with their small only shielded bearings and the high heat epoxy and the retaining fluid will all be a pain down the road. People are going to want to replace bearings and they won’t be able to do it themselves without a couple hundred in tools. The high heat epoxy is crazy strong and it needs to be cracked to get to the big bearing which are only shielded. The new big motors are 1144 steel and are strong enough to be a slide fit for the bearings and people can replace parts themselves, and the all steel allows just loctite to hold the motors on and that’s much easier to unscrew and get to the big bearing when you need to. Sealed much big bearings. Motors u can go anywhere and not worry about heat. Rubber that doesn’t deteriorate with heat. Steps toward an indestructible monster that’s easily serviceable

1 Like

Sounds good to me! I’m intrigued and really trying to imagine how those monster hubs will ride. If you put two on a really short truck, it would almost be like having one huge drive wheel, but should still look like a mostly normal board.

You are still planning on making some 80mm rubber tire replacements for your old motors though, right?

Yea, he is. He got the mold made for the normal motors, which was most of the cost involved in getting them.

1 Like

So very very stoked to try out those beast motors

Im really looking forward to that new design? Any pricing yet?

At some point probably separate thread on nitrile rubber and mega long hubs. This thread is topping 1,000 messages, long in the tooth lol

1 Like

Are the long motors gonna extend outwards or inwards like the Carvon hubs? Does it need a custom truck? How much do they weigh compared to the the steel hubs?

Don’t know the weight but am happy to have them heavy. They will start at the same inside point as the other wheels and stick out. Regular trucks but lathed a bit and add more threading 1cm for single motors so they match. @ralphy 300$ for one and 525$ for two. If anyone has any questions check above as I won’t have any info for another couple weeks till they show. Or maybe I can get orangutan to give me a deal on bulk wheels and i could sell those too and will see. I’ll tell u in 3weeks.

1 Like

@Hummie Great thanks looking forward to it. Price is good given the reputation you have established with your prior designs.

We can be riding them as early as Halloween :smiley:

Been researching hub motors quite a bit and @Hummie’s motors are looking great.

Couple questions… Alum version vs steel ones? The steel ones are tighter airgap and don’t get as warm? Any other benefits there?

I won’t have time to build anything in the next couple weeks, think it would be good to wait to see how the next long wheel turns out first? (As well as the new rubber?) Might only need one long wheel and one vesc to get better performance then the two small hubs?

It looks like your motor KV are pretty well matched with 12s batteries? I haven’t used a vesc yet, but that looks like it is at the top end of its capabilities, has anyone had issues there?

Thanks!

Well, they are more durable, less likely to deform. Also, they have a better fit for the bearings.

It will be no Problem, as they have low kv. they stay far away from the dangerous ERPM Zone.

1 Like

car tire rubber ordered for both motors. soft and softer and high temp and higher. black like Rat Fink

4 Likes