The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

when I get the better rubber going i’ll tell and then doing a bulk shipping then would be nice. shipping to europe would be a lot easier if I sent one package for sure. and cheaper.

I’m surprised people aren’t freaking out over the rubber. I’ve been finding I ruin tires quickly if I’m cooking

Possibilizy is switzerland just saying low taxes and no fees basically. For instance payed 0.- taxes on the Raptor :wink:

Because @Hummie board weighs more than 14.4 times less than a Tesla car! Hummie: 90kg incl. Board Tesla car: 2200 incl. Hummie

What’s the math. when finding watt hour are u using nominal voltage? 3.7

How did u get the real world cell voltage including sag? But how did u find the voltage sag number. O I see

What is the durometer on your motor wheels? I’m not sure which one to use on my new motors, 80a/83a Kegels, or some softer 83mm flywheels/evolve wheels? I think you have some experience already there with thin urethane on motors.

Just thought I’d post this hack in case anyone out there wants to experiment with a quick, cheap, cooling duct idea for the aluminum hubs. It’s made out of EPDM garage door sealer and zip ties and is flexible, but stiff enough to hold its shape at some speed. Unfortunately, I don’t have the time to do comparative testing to see if this has a noticeable effect, so if anyone else wants to test it, be my guest. FWIW, I can feel a decent amount of air come out of the sides of the hubs by just blowing air into the “duct” area.

5 Likes

How hot have u gotten them? Ur about my weight and I haven’t bothered with any cooling methods in the end. I don’t try to go up mount tam either though.

@Hummie I don’t know how hot exactly, but a little too hot to touch. I need to take them on a long ride and measure temps. I’ve just had this ducting idea in my head ever since you started talking about the different ways to try and cool these things.

Just wanted to share some thoughts, I don’t have any hard data yet as I’ve only been the proud owner of a hummie motor for a few weeks now. I would like to say that if anyone is on the fence about buying these motors I would highly recommend these over some other hub motors being advertised on this site (not going to name any names) purely due to the amazing customer service and response time. I was about ready to cut my losses and scrap my project out of frustration and decided on a whim to email hummie for advice. A week later I had hub motors mounted on my board for a very reasonable price and was calling hummie for help figuring out how to program the vesc. The following day I was commuting with my board. I’m amazed at how fast it all went and am really happy with the result. After riding it around and showing it off for a week, I’ve been getting lots of questions from people interested in making their own boards, and am pointing them all your way @Hummie

9 Likes

I 100 percent agree.

I’ve been riding my dual motor hummie board all this week, and have to say at 40amps a piece on 10s, these things accelerate insanely quick to their top speed of about 24mph.

Absolutely blows my single 63mm belt drive setup outa the water.

1 Like

I’m on my second pair of hummies wheels. Riding the 80 duro now (was riding 90 duro) and they feel much better over cracks and shitty roads, but I don’t except them to hold up as well. But I don’t know how they will hold up and I will be tracking my mileage to determine how long they last. Hopefully, they last until the car rubber tires come. But I will be rising no less than 30 miles per week, likely closer to 40.

110mm contact patch is crazy, for your new motors! How far in will the motor be recessed? And do you really think it will soften the ride? Interested to see the end result.

Yes i am excited! I rode on the inspirational unknown long wheels again today. The longest wheel I’ve ever ridden and green and no name and he doesn’t know. There’s the centrax and the sims pure liquid but neither do as long. I think it’s going to be fantastic. It’s smoother, the tire lasts longer, larger axle length is welcome the faster I go. I really want to see if one is enough. I know I’ll want to do the local mountains and I’ll do two. On the fence if I think two is safer and better than one but really want to see how it rides single. Simplicity. I’m also dying to see this new rubber. Maybe I can get them to do color swirls. I imagine a transparent rubber isn’t possible. 80 duro.

1 Like

I like the concept, and sims pure juice brings back old school memories. I also ride centrax now, but on non-esk8 deck as they roll well on NYC street hazards lol

The motor will come to the ends of the rubber the same as it does now. The motor will be just as recessed in the wheel and the motor will still just bolt on the end of a regular skate truck. Bit worried about the extra leverage with the long motor and looked for 10mm trucks but they generally stopped making them as supposedly the 8mm these days are much stronger.
The huge contact patch. In my experience which seems the same as caustins …they are really good at rolling over stuff. 110mm is insane. Maybe it will cone more. Probably. So what.

I never noticed much if any difference with one powered wheel vs two. Two of these motors would be like 6 of what I ride now.

Would you be willing to sell me one that’s not on the truck? I’d buy one for a single rear wheel setup in a board I’m working on. Back end will be something like this (but not nearly as ugly):

2 Likes