The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

Thanks for the nice words.

the best part about buying these is if later you decide slide fitted bearings and aluminum shafts are for weight weenies and you want to get the all steel pressed bearings motor…you can have them for the same price.

These are two rare sized 57mm motors not 63mm. If you feel you’re more than my 155lbs and will be doing long steep things Jacobs are a safer bet in that regard. But I have no problem blasting around San Francisco of sustained 8 blocks of steep climbing.

These match the kegel wheel size/shape and are recessed in the wheel. Good for sidewalk cracks and not feeling you’re on a hot rod.

These are sealed motors with effectively press fitting on all bearing contacts. You can have a sealed motor, solid, if you are able to replace the rubber without having to open it.

There is less leverage on the axle with these and the motors on 165 hangers match the 180. They don’t stick out and add leverage to the axle

Im getting adapters made now, to add air forced air cooling through the holes that hold the screens. If u feel a need for more cooling things can be done. Lately I’ve wanted to take some kryogenic fluid like a co2 canister and blast them half way going up my tam here. My goals are to be able to ride mountains on these and you’re in if you’re in

Finally, and I’ve said it before, mechanical challenges are what is most important for You to think about. How long is an electric skateboard hub motors supposed to last??? Warranty??? I’m offering solid steel with minimal large parts and the largest bearings. Ask a machine shop which they’d chose and go with their advice.

1 Like

Is the blue goo on the motors? Will heating be an issue?

Your response and transparency is incredible and I see that either I’m buying your hub motors or no hub motors

1 Like

The blue go is gone.

I talk these motors down. If you’re around you come and see if you can get them up to 200f racing around my neighborhood.

Transparency and getting what we all want, a solid reliable hub motor, is the goal.

Tell me what trucks u want and I’ll get them mounted for the cost of parts

Any plans in the future to offer bigger wheels?

No plans for bigger wheels. Plans for snap on wind turbines! Ok maybe not snap on, but ere when you need them.

Anyone who got any wheels from me that are getting too soft and loose tell me and I’ll get you a better pair. I’m really disappointed in this fast cure stuff compared to the long cure. Its a surprise to me and the manufacturer. Everything I’ve poured up till now has been the quick cure! It starts good but after 200 miles is loose and getting chewed up. Fear not though the slow cure is good.

12s FOC around my neighborhood.

Not good filming but the braking and closeup of the wheel at just past minute 4 is cool!

I’m not fully charged and can Defianately go faster/harder

4 Likes

Hummies motors on a Rayne Piranha V4 drop through on 10s. They are powerful and it’s the first time I had to limit torque on the VESCs ever. Never had so strong motors before and I tested a lot of them!

Hummie is talking his motors down from a technical standpoint, which is honest and straight forward. He’s not a dishonest sales person I guess. :slight_smile:.

But really, they deliver whatever you need to go uphill fast. Still comfortable to ride due to the thicker urethan.

3 Likes

Great video HUMMIE - really impressed with your hubs. What’s the max speed you got in FOC? By the way these hubs sound so quiet !!!

I just 've found out there is an update on your blog. Cool. Elkick - one more question - what kind of range do you get on your 10s3p battery and hubs ?

Video has to wait, it’s raining here currently. We will offer the urethan too, yes. It’s just slided onto the wheel can and fixed with the outer ring & screws. Holds very well.

I can have had a great experience so far. I can’t say I even had a fair test of these motors, as during my main test (in which I was able to get one motor to 255 F) was plagued by a loose canbus cable, resulting in the board going from two motors down to one quite frequently.

I can say with confidence, these are not single drive motors, at least dual drive. What has me loving these is the torque. Incredible what you can do with lower kv motors and torque,

1 Like

What do you think about this epoxy? Or should I go with the Omega one that sets in 2 hours at 200 degrees or something. http://jbweldit.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=37

Thanks in advance.

thats a putty and too thick.

the omega 100 sets much quicker than what you wrote and i think youre describing their 201 stuff. they have different ones. from now on ill do it for people but still that doesnt help you now.

get two of the omega 100 small envelops maybe. but remember it has a quick set time. its good, thin, high temp stuff though. put it in the oven at 150f for 10 minutes then mix the two, pour half way in the motor hole and then screw in the axle. dont get it on the bearings and use tape to make sure.

Thanks Hummie. That is super helpful.

i dont want to sell these aluminum but i have 40 of them!!!

they go, and go fast and strong but …i only want to sell the steel because down the road…yada yada there are a lot of reasons both mechanically and related to power. the manufacture is pushing for a tiny airgap and with the pressed bearings we can do that and then have magnets that will do 300F!!!

so I’m selling the aluminum sets for 200$ permanently and anyone who gets a set is eligible for the steel set when they come in at 225$. a gaurantee of sorts that you will have something solid forever. help me get you these aluminum and then the steel in a year or two!!! my goal is to not make money at this point just get these to people so we can be going in the same direction.

1 Like

Love your passion man

thanks. please get some of these! at 200 I’ll also mount them to some trucks for you and give you a set of the matching kegels, whatever the trucks and wheels cost.

appelton Id say i do 27 with foc. amazingly i havent done a good test with a full charge. will today and throw up a SHORT better video.