The Minnesota Monster|Dual Hub Motor Build|Carvon Dual's|Dexter's 12s Pack|VESC x2|DIY Mini Controller |Psychotiller Enclosure|Arbor Vugenhausen Deck

I know we’re planning out similar builds, thought I post some photos to give you a sense of specs for decks. The first photo is psychotiller’s 25" enclosure on a Arbor axis. The enclosure is very well done and I’m glad I chose it, but as you can see it takes up quite a bit of real estate. Second photo is DIY’s 12s3p battery inside the enclosure and next to my raptor dual with space cell for perspective. The 12s itself fits nicely, but the massive 80amp fuse will make placing the two VESCs very tricky.

3 Likes

@Adam0311 My build’s the exact same… Waiting on my enclosure… I also have the Arbor Axis also… I was thinking it would be tough to fit…

Damn… it barely fits :frowning:

You still going to use that deck for it or get a new one?

1 Like

Sadly it’s back to the drawing board for me. Not sure about my deck choice anymore…the width makes it awkward for wheel wells and cutouts…maybe one of Rayne’s DH decks. They seem wide and long enough.

1 Like

Axis is a great board. If you COMPLETELY cut away the lip on all four corners it might fit.

1 Like

That’s huge! Adam, so you know, you can trim the male side of the enclosure . Looks like by almost an inch. It would still have the lip in the female side for a good seal between the two pieces.

2 Likes

@psychotiller - sweet! that’s what i was hoping to do…

1 Like

Thanks for posting that info. That helps a ton, and probably saved me a bunch of wasted time. I had finally settled on a board and then realized that nearly none of them would actually work when I started asking for exact measurements of the bottom of the board…The space for the VESC’s is concerning…let me know how it ends up working out for you. I’d love to see a step by step of how you do it if it’s not too much hassle.

Edit: With about the same wheelbase, but a much more usable board space on the bottom, that actually looks like it was designed to fit this enclosure, I am back to looking at my first choice once again with the Vugenhausen. Seems like that or the Method may be the only ones I can make work.

I actually might need to come up with a way to extend it an inch to fit the two VESCs and receiver. Gonna be tight with the 80amp fuse…its big and awkward due to its position on the battery wire.

I’ll definitely post some more pics as I start putting it all together.

Thanks man. Now I’m all nervous haha. hopefully you figure something out for all our sakes. If @psychotiller hasn’t made my specimen yet, maybe he can extend it for me? :open_mouth:

The only way that’s going to happen is if I make a bigger oven…

Uh oh! We will just have to figure it out then I guess. Hopefully we can squeeze it all in somehow. I got the shorter VESC’s I think so maybe that will help my case, no pun intended.

@AbrownMN - I’m probably just going to end up doing this… http://www.rubbercal.com/sheet-rubber/recycled-rubber/x-derm-recycled-rubber-60a.html

Recycled Rubber relatively strong. Will bolt it onto the deck with washers (that way rubber or bolt doensn’t come out/rip) but it’s rugged and strong. Will keep everything from falling down. As for as strong as an ABS enclosure it’s not but i’m not running over anything crazy. I’m more worried about things being enclosed for weather protection/dirt/grime and the pack falling out then hitting a brick or something in the middle of the road.

I think you can fit everything on a deck. You can purchase a 40Amp fuse or 60Amp fuse and replace the 80Amp. 80Amp is nice though. I’ve yet to pop the fuse. I’ve been throttling it hard and dogging it out too.

So you’re just going to bolt that over the top of everything you mean? I already bought the enclosure so hopefully I can make it work somehow. Maybe I will have to drop the fuse down a size. We will see what @Adam0311 comes up with for a solution. Good to know the battery is holding up well and putting out good power. I am anxious to get everything going. Any E.T.A. on mine by the way?

1 Like

Yeah, I might… I don’t want to bother switching decks. Yeah, I have a few people with the 12s3p packs testing and it’s nice to have the added power. As for ETA. I’ll get back to you later today.

Right on, my next project will be making a custom case out of metal if this doesn’t work out. I ordered the Vugenhausen today, as soon as I get it I will measure it against what I see above. I should be able to sneak it on there with it’s shape. I’ll let you all know. Though I suppose if I can barely fit this enclosure, making another one doesn’t do me any good :stuck_out_tongue: …oh well. I will figure it out. Thanks, I’ll wait for that update later today!

I think 80amp is the right call for this battery with dual Carvon’s. Been trying different positions and eyeballing it based upon the space dedicated for two VESCs and receiver in my raptor…I think it’s gonna fit.

2 Likes

The 80amp fuse is nice. I think it’s worth the added size. I haven’t tested with a 40/60amp fuse yet though.

Good news for all! Let us know what you come up with ultimately! We will be eagerly awaiting as I am sure you will get all your stuff before I do. So far I have, a few cables and some magnets :smile:…I’ll start adding some nice photos as I get more exciting stuff!

Any update on the VESC’s, remote or battery pack? Are you just going to send it all in one package when it’s all ready or will it all come separately since I payed in separate orders? Thanks man! Getting excited.