The Minnesota Monster|Dual Hub Motor Build|Carvon Dual's|Dexter's 12s Pack|VESC x2|DIY Mini Controller |Psychotiller Enclosure|Arbor Vugenhausen Deck

Pack is going to be with an XT90 Male Plug.

VESC’s are with an XT90 Female Plug.

With two VESCs, you’ll need the XT90 parallel Y Connector. 2 Male/1 Female. product/dual-vesc-xt90-parallel-connector/

Oh… you’ll need to switch out the VESC motor wires from the 5.5mm standard to 4mm to fit for the Carvon’s.

VESC’s will come heatshrinked.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! So I will need to remove the wires/connectors and solder on new ones? Anyway I can have this done on my VESC’s on your end? Or I suppose I could see if Jerry could switch the motor connections to 5.5 if he’s still putting them together…

Edit: and I already bough the xt60 y connector doh! Got ahead of myself there I guess.

Killing me… :smile:

Sure… I GUESS :wink: I’ll put 4mm ends for you…

We’ll actually it was XT60 originally :frowning: then I was like eh… XT90!

1 Like

Yay! You make my life so easy… I appreciate it…and I will be making more boards for myself and friends for sure… I already have a few buddy’s trying to throw money at me and I have just been talking so far… Wait until they ride it. What goes around comes around friend. You have earned a loyal customer for sure.

Nevermind that edit… You literally linked it right above ._.

1 Like

Got my Carvon’s and my Vugenhausen today! Getting even more excited! Just need a few more things from @torqueboards and my enclosure from @psychotiller and I’ll be on this beast every day carving! Or I’ll be stuck in my shop working on making more for friends haha… Pleasantly surprised with the Carvon build quality and they really do roll nicely even just pushing! That was a huge selling point for me so I am glad it functions as promised. The board is excellent, a bit more curve than I thought it would have, but it should work and it is stable as hell, but still comfortable. Too bad I will have to cover up the beautiful wood grain with a big black box…cannot wait to tear off the grip and throw on some custom design.

I also got some wires, bushings 3M dual lock, risers and some other miscellaneous shtuff if you guys want pictures of that too … :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Custom Wood CNC’d enclosures!

Now that’s beautiful :eyes:

GEEEZ guy…way to show me up :stuck_out_tongue: But I work in a woodshop as well so I have played around with the idea for sure. No CNC maching though so I couldn’t possibly match that though…What would you charge to make one up for me for a 12s3p pack and two VESC’s? Feel free to PM me if you’re interested in making another one! Looks awesome man!

3 Likes

That is what makes it awesome … Not one alike :facepunch:t2:

Board looks good with the black trucks and green wheels. What’s the distance between the wheelwells? If it’s more than 26" you’re good to go, less than 26" and you’ll have to adapt the enclosure some.

Thanks man! I am loving it so far. I think the measurement was almost exactly 26" if I remember correctly. What did you end up figuring out for yours? Did you snip the corners off or extend it like you thought you might have to?

I’m in wait and see mode frankly. Have some concerns about compatibility between VESCs and Carvons and also I’ve yet to find a board that I really love (want a kick tail and less than 38"). Have you already ordered the enclosure? if not I’d recommend ordering it 1/2" deeper. DIY 12s isn’t uniform in height and the extra 1/2" would give you some wiggle room. If you’ve already ordered it, I think it still works, but you’ll likely need to add some weather stripping to gain some clearance.

Thanks for the tips. Sorry to hear you’re having delays. What are your concerns with compatibility with the VESC? It seems like you might be hard pressed to find any deck that size with the usable board space you’d need. You could look into have a custom deck made. I found a company that uses hardwood and will make you a really beautiful custom deck for a decent price. I believe it was East Coast Customs. Check them out.

Thanks. Thinking about the custom decks…really like what @longhairedboy does with the wiring channels. Regarding the Carvon/VESC combo, seems like there’s a pretty small margin of error, especially under heavy loads. I’ve no doubt they’ll be great long term (might be great already), but for now I’ll wait and see how this combo develops.

1 Like

I see. I am excited to play around with them. If your looking for solid settings I recommend talking to RunPlayBack or checking out his blog. Seems like he’s got it pretty well configured.

@AbrownMN any wheel bite with the 90mm and that deck?

Depends on bushings and how tight I tighten the main nut. With super loose trucks there would be issues, but since I like a stiffer bushing on this build based on how fast I plan on going most of the time it shouldn’t be an issue at all. I could even get away with a pretty carvy setup without too much bite except in majorly sharp curves. There’s plenty of room for adjustment, but I would say definitely order some more supportive bushings to avoid any issues.

can you go into detail of some of the misc. stuff you got?

Did you get screws to get your mount on the board? You need to use a special machine to make holes on the board for the wood screws right.

Sure. I got a big set of grommets, a set of different sized wire heat shrink wrap, Lots of waterproof foam edging and 3M dual lock, a few sets of risers/wedges, different bushing combinations and a bunch of weather proofing stuff, RTV, CorrosionX, gasket compound etc…

Originally, I was going to use magnets to secure the enclosure, and I still may do this but I am going back and forth on how I would have to go about it, and if it’s worth it given that I will eventually probably have a full wood enclosure that is water tight. The ABS enclosure is less pliable than I originally thought, and I got pretty strong magnets but I would probably need them to be even stronger still and they get pretty expensive and bulky at that point. That said, I also really don’t want to drill a bunch of holes in the board more than once either. I’ll come up with something…still trying to work out problems with getting the rest of my stuff ;/

1 Like

thanks! can’t wait for my parts to arrive.

When are yours coming in?