The legitimacy of a trademark on an opensource design

Such guidelines might be hurting the growth of the industry by hiding the truth which aids in correcting that very market and industry and keeps it on the path it thinks it’s on…we need a space to air the truth, as painful as it might be…and this isn’t bashing Trampa, in fact I believe they make the standard for AT boards internationally and everyone knows this…why they are throwing down their reputation for a esc is beyond my intelligence, from my seat they need to foster and develop what they are known for and good at and let the esc people be esc people and innovate without threats…What happens when the hobbywing factory gets word there’s room for innovation in this new market of electric surfboards or something? Trampa will be nothing but a speed bump for a company who’s been making esc’s for decades for all use cases…it just doesn’t make any sense why they would, or a person, would fight this to the point they doom their own business reputation…here in California it happens too, big companies in the skateboard industry strong arm people all the time…with a smile…as a demographic builders are a little smarter than the average consumer though and knowledge is power…maybe trampa just fail to analyze it’s audience well enough before speaking? Maybe they have it in them to back track and make it right after realizing the error of the adventure?

1 Like

Wow I was just on Action website and for their Quattro 4WD there claiming it’s the world’s first 4WD. God I’m so sick of companies making these baseless, blatantly false claims. Like with the Raptor 2, saying it’s the most powerful motors ever in a Esk8. Give me a break… And then all things they listed that made it that were like, able to handle the most current or something rediculous that didn’t even relate to the claim…

1 Like

Actually they did, Hobbyking used to sell it under the name Vesc and Trampa contacted them and they pulled all of their vesc on their website and renamed it.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more about Trampa, that’s why it was so infuriating and down right confusing why he kept digging himself deeper and deeper with these stupid claims and design…

Regarding the guidelines, you would be safe in making that new topic. They mainly just don’t want to have threads that are like “this company took forever to ship me my products” or " this company said this but this is what really happened" and so on… Just avoid those kinds of posts. In regards to what you said you discovered, I would definitely like to see that thread stated cause I really want to see Avenue make an Esk8 truck and these knock offs as you said are dangerous. That DEFINITELY has a right to be posted here.

Just adding it here too. The original link to the schematic from vedder himself… it’s FFA

god I hope frank is replying with his registered design number…

It is quite easy:

• Use your brand to market your products and respect the VESC-Brand’s terms and conditions.
  • Try to design the device yourself and offset the design from your competitions design.

This would also mean to stay clear of @stiwiis design if he decides to manufacture a more stiewii unique device.

Two tasks that are easy to get sorted and are usually seen as good business practice. That’s it!

Frank

No

It’s different. Your acting like a bird. Vomiting, eating, and revomiting the same crap.

• L Shaped pcb isn’t limited to you, it’s done for EMF.
  • Caps internal to the case isn’t limited to you
  • Pcb with fets inside of an aluminum box with wires sticking out isn’t limited to you.

Basically what your asking is to take this

And make a form factor that is

• not the length or width of an 18650 and easy to fit in with batteries
  • a complete design change, as if the separation of EMF zones isn’t important. There is a reason for the L… bet you didn’t even know there was a reason for the L

Third, before you even started working with Vedder he released the “predesign” of the VESC5 which was originally a split board design, and changed to L shaped board. This inspired FOCbox and esk8.de for L shaped PCB before even YOU came out with an Lshaped pcb

Eat your own words. Look at the history. You took a design that was handed to you, and now you are tying to claim it like you own it. You do not. Go home Frank.

2f86b0adeee26f0942257f3e62fed7b8ab7eb024_1_526x50094a707f2ae50a99df3fbf0b5fe0b99086a5d5470_1_532x500e067d7f086f771cf8655c5fe1f4f7d379d5482e2_1_532x50046e70e87094790d4d89b24008e7abdc971905f4d_1_512x499aafc16f6931df802f06bc276469d0314194c2993_1_503x500

9 Likes

Ok you can just kindly piss off Frank. It’s been made painfully clear your argument is bogus and you’re just lying about everything. I don’t think anyone here would believe anything you say after all the shit you have said over the last day and a half. You have no legs to stand on in terms of threatening legal recourse, and it’s clear what your true motives are. As far as I’m concerned every thing you say from here on out is from a dilusional crazy person who thinks if he says something enough times then that makes it true.

1 Like

God, fantastic simile…Frank’s a vulture!

1 Like

I bet Frank, himself didn’t realize he just slapped his own mouth by saying

Stewii and bimmer both branded their ESC as the ESCape and B-Box and also respected the VESC T&Cs. Stewii designed the PCB based on BV’s schematics and also gave his list of the BOM in his own thread. He did changes to the design (the connectors are in different places).

In his thread before the ESCapes are made available for sale, several forumers helped to also design enclosure for the ESCape.

2 Likes

Frank? Is that his name, ok…

Hey Frank, as you can see the audience here is not reacting favorably to your efforts. As I state before, we can chock it up to a failure in basic market analysis and try to make it right, but you don’t seem interested in that. It would appear you’re swimming up river now and instead of choosing to take the high road you are towing the same bull…I tried to warn you in terms you might understand, but I give up…cook yer goose bro, shred on…

7 Likes

Haha yeah he’s contradicting himself constantly, fumbling every point he tries to make. He’s essentially made the case against himself out of sheer stupidity in not realizing what he’s saying. Like I said earlier, does he even think before hitting the send button, like how stupid can someone be. Rather than just stop engaging with us in this discussion, he keeps trying to make a point and it keeps backfiring every time, lol. Freaking amateur hour…

1 Like

There is no point in any dialogue with frank at this point he is 100% impotent and any contribution he has is of no consequence.

His diatribe consists wholly of self fulfilling propaganda…

6 Likes

I like Potatoes.

6 Likes

We shall not go down the path of name-calling and cyberbullying. Just fact checking his words will be enough to let the people do their judgement. I was actually prepping to gather parts to build my second board and was contemplating getting the T*ampa Gummies but it is out of stock for a month or two.

But seeing such things happen and how he persistently insist on this issue is just quite sickening. Oh well, guess I have to take my monies elsewhere. I’m pretty sure T*ampa doesn’t feel the pinch since I’m just a single entity out of many.

me too

I like potatoes mashed with butter, sausages & gravy…

4 Likes

10 Likes

I like turtles!!

3 Likes

My heatsink has 4 holes so crisis averted right?

5 Likes