The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

The pins on the board/drive unit had protruding round tipped nubs that are springy.

Def stiff springs would helpā€¦would be awesome if they had a small dimple to help hold the contact in place

i am still waiting on mine proberbly at customsā€¦ they said the second batch will be better but stil no idea what so ever @Mikenopolis please update us on this it has bin 3,5 month since my order starting to get unpatience

Here is a picture of the connectors. These are from the first gen

Electrically conductive paste maybe an easy solution

How much pressure is between the connections I wonder. Doubt theyā€™re shorting to the ones adjacent just not a solid connection

@hummie do you have a click pen, Itā€™s maybe a TINY bit stiffer than that.

@Sean555 they definitely made and improvement on the revised one I got as far as those connectors, yours seem to be ill fitted? or did you mess with it?

@daanstoorvogel Mine was shipped out last Friday and I got it on Monday via UPS. I think custom did open it since the box was cut open AFTER the shipping sticker was placed. It was from Hong Kong to California. Who was your sales person? I got mine through Eileen (who also used to sell Vape contraptions and Self Balance boardsā€¦scary). Iā€™m talking to her via Whatsapp about my issues. Sheā€™s pretty responsive so far

any brand/type recommendation on said paste? soundā€™s messy? it really suck that they decided that the battery charges off the board, so I have to pull it out each time.

I got some thatā€™s gm or mg chemicals or something. Standard from amazon. Just use a tiny bit.
So not much pressure with the connection

It looks that way because it got so hot the plastic supporting the connectors was starting to melt and deform

I recorded this video last night because Eileen wanted something to show their engineers in regards to the problem I have with this system. Sorry about the mumbling as Iā€™ve got a cold at the moment. The drive wheels are making a clicky noise as it rolls. I think it might be because their wheels are too soft and itā€™s being compressed when I get on it, making a squeegee kinda noise? There is no noise when thereā€™s no added weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-JJbT_LY9o

1 Like

it sounds like the PU is loose?? ā€œotherwise everything is goodā€ ā€¦kind of @ Eileen: 做你ēš„功čŖ²ļ¼Œä½ é€ē “ē¢Žē”¢å“ēš„ä»˜č²»ē”Øęˆ¶ä¹‹å‰å…ˆ

if the connections are getting so hot as to melt the plastic I bet the conductive paste would help a lot. the connection has a lot of resistance.

When I sent the video link to Eileen she seems a bit concerned that it was on YouTube and asked if anyone else can see it. Iā€™ve kept it unlisted at the moment. hopefully there will be a 3rd/4th batch

Itā€™s sounds like a bearing popped out

two drive systems sounds the same. all EIGHT bearings with issues? Front sounds fine

I really like their use of Pogo Pins. Even if theyā€™re not at all safe for the amperage here.

So what would you say is the general expirience? I tried to contact the company to complain about their false marketing, so Iā€™m interested in what you all have to say on the subject.

1 Like

This is what I think is making that noise? Am I reaching here?

maybe the polyurethane wheels are just too soft?

The units looked new, but they are all technically refurbished. They ā€œfixedā€ their unshipped units after that melting wire and battery shorting issue in the 1st batch.

My experience is that this could be great, but was rushed to consumerā€™s hands. The acceleration is great and the braking is gentle. My default Vesc setting tried to kill me. I told thme my height and weight and they said no one there is that big. The dual hub motors can handle my 206ish lbs. The problem might be the wheel being too soft

1 Like

how long do you want to protect them? some people would call them a bunch of liars, I would not go so far. I just think they have NO idea what they are doing. (and are not willing to do ther homework) you hope for the 4th badge? maybe 6th or 7th the issues will be less.

put that video online so everybody can see what he will get. not uploading it would be unfair to all the other customers. Eileen is concerned?? she better is!!

Maybe I just have more compassion than you when it comes to this. I already have two good working boards so unlike many, this is not my primary ride. so I have less urgency, thus I donā€™t get angry.

Starting a business is not easy. Rip off of Mellow or not, these people made an impressive product that can be useful once these problems are worked out.

As far as me ā€œprotectingā€ them. Itā€™s not about protecting. It is respecting a company and basically being a beta tester, unlike you I knew the risk when I paid (plus Iā€™m lucky to have a well paying job). Not everyone is comfortable with a full DIY. Boostedā€™s first board was just like some of our memberā€™s boards. Everyone has to start somewhere.

1 Like