The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

excellent review thanks to this gentleman, I’m also impressed, looks like a quality product from China. Still too early for a final verdict but so far, good job Landwheel! I’m gonna send this the guys from Mellow right away *grin.

That was first day guys, I have seen the battery terminals short out, not trying to be a downer but it does look good! A little gutted I canceled but the battery did kind of kill it for me.

I couldve gotten it for a good price when they did their presale, but what I really wanted was a complete board where everything is screwed together nice and solid and with enough range. 12-15km just doesnt do it for me and replacing batteries on the fly and always having to recharge two…nah, really dont need that extra work.

I do like the idea as you can take the batteries on a plane I just didn’t like how they used the lipos and wish they used 18650 cells.

So i received mine and this SOB is FAST! Holy hell it almost scared me the first few times riding it. Unfortunately it somehow shorted out and won’t run now. Somehow it created burn marks on two of the battery leads and board leads. They said they would ship me another drive mechanism shortly. Regardless, this thing is my all time favorite stock toy. 29 volts i think too.

well I got an answer from Mellow in german. Allegedly they are observing the competition very closely. They claim they have tested the Landwheel system and found that it doesn’t keep its promises. They go on saying that they already had a couple of comments on facebook saying that the quality would more compare to a “toy for kids”. Now where have I heard that before lol. Sounds like they are already in desperation mode.

Really it broke a that’s a shame . Hope they replace it soon the website says 1 year warranty so you should be good . Screenshot it whilst it still on . Mine got called back for that reason I believe.

The shorting has begun! I have already seen pictures of where it shorted so hopefully it doesnt happen again for you guys, lucky it has a warrenty, maybe v2 they will sort it out.

I just had a back and forth Whatsapp conversation with the woman who manages their sales.

She said it’s $799 (shipping included) for one unit. I told her I have 5 colleagues that are interested in either DIYing or buying their product, she quoted me $379 + $73 freight charge. So basically group buy of roughly $450 each. She mentioned tax, not sure how that’s paid. I told her it’s too expensive for an unproven drive system. I would’ve gotten gotten it if it wasn’t for that shipping cost…and having to buy 5 and hope it’s good enough to recommend to my colleagues and get my money back thru them!

3300 would be about 50km/h. However this is maximum efficiency, which hubs don’t tend to reach, especially at those speeds.

Can someone provide me insight on the lipo vs Samsung lithium ion difference as far as which is best used for a non diyer/ retail consumer. To me units with Lipo’s aren’t really retail consumer friendly due to the lipos needing extra attention when charging, not being completely discharged to avoid being damaged, Right? Educate me please. :slight_smile: I know my buddy who handles tons of Lipo’s in his RC cars says unless your a DIY’er which most of you are here then this unit is not suited for the average Non- Diyer… anyone agree to that?

There are a lot of threads on liion vs lipo. Please use the search function.

THanks, read them and I think to my point the landwheel is using Lipo and without knowing how to properly charge/discharge these the average consumer is gonna go through battery packs like crazy. For the DIYer this could be a quick alternative and cheap to getting a fast esk8 unit so thats cool… but man I can imagine the returns due to battery packs going bad. What do you all think? Am I being to negative nancy…?

Sorry misunderstood, yes the boards protected on the new models from what I saw on the X1. Must have been early prototype that BBQ870 tried. Mine has been put through rigorous testing…like i said, i’m a big boy 6’2 320lbs and it works for me :slight_smile: If it were going to short out, it would have happened already and I’ve been riding it hard, scraping the battery back a bit and the trucks.

got mine yesterday. Broke after 10 minutes. One hub motor failed and barely turns. Because of that it shuts down the drive.

Although the short ride I had, I totally liked, it was smooth and very quiet. The acceleration is pretty fast. I can compare only with a single motor that already have.

Mine too! One of the motor’s cable melted 10 minutes in my first ride.

I gotta say, I own the Ewheelin i4 (which after 2 rides doesn’t charge anymore, I’m waiting on a replacement), the Onan x1 (which so far is holding up pretty good!) the landwheel is by far the fastest, I could never tap the full potential of it since I had it installed on a 29’ board but yeah… 10 minutes in it cut out and i smelled burnt plastic,

now it doesn’t turn on. I guess it’s too powerful for its own good?

Oh no…it’s what we call a piece of crap :poop:

1 Like

@LEVer the Booster X1 is using an XLR connector, similar as in microphones. they are well protected. not possible to short them.

guys I’m really worried hearing about all these failures. I really wanted the Landwheel to be good, but this is big BS! I hope they will send you replacement ASAP, b/c this is not acceptable. They just cannot ship a faulty product like this. I’m disappointed and I will try to contact Simon or Eileen via Alibaba and inform them about the sad failures.