The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

Im currently chatting with a alibaba company that offers me a v4 bulk, without deck for USD 379/piece, what do you guys think? Cheers //Chris - Metroboard v1.

So, there is a V4 ? Have you buy it? I found this on alibaba, but I never use it… how do you get that price? https://m.alibaba.com/product/60577249550/2017-Dual-brushless-in-wheel-motor.html?spm=a2706.7835515.1998800312.23.4hBYb1

Are you sure what they are selling is a V4? I have a hard time believing that alibaba has newer drives than those of us who are still testing The V3 directly from landwheel. I have been riding the V3 quite a bit and no issues after the one loud beep that wouldn’t stop unless I pulled the battery. The drive is annoyingly loud, but seems rideable.

2 Likes

I’m interested in buying a broken V3, with or without hubs. Please let me know if you have one available.

I have a broken V1 and V2

That might work but I’d like to look a little bit longer for a V3 as the frame is supposed to be stronger.

I’m waiting for V7

Hey Guys,

Sorry for our late reply. We have been working on our project these days.

Thanks for your attention on our process.

We will release the Landwheel V4 in April @mbkahn3 @DIYtruck3 @cwessberg @grispo @rhinoinflight @hummie, which is solved the problems you mentioned:

1. Beep sound
  2. PU wheels not round
  3. Motor cables fixed positions design
  4. Also other process improvement

We will keep updating for you guys, if you have any other suggestion, kindly leave us messages.

Thanks again! Landwheel

Also the brake on one of my drive is too sudden. Very dangerous when you can anticipate the jolt.

1 Like

Hey Guys,

We are pleasure to share a news with you. In order to make sure Landwheel L3 more perfect, we are going to find some professional skaters to help us test it.

If you are interested, please email [email protected] directly before 26th March.

Cheers! Landwheel

1 Like

Its endless waiting. Found this on Youtube:

Biggest problem for me

This was a weird video as it was posted way too late. It’s a V2 video that was posted AFTER we got the V3. It was a problem that @Landwheel hopefully fixed in the current units. No one has posted an uber failure like the guy had in this video (V2) with the V3

Yeah. Wished it was a VESC so I can change the brakes. You know they did something wrong if one drive has smooth brakes and the other tries to street my face every time.

Jazzy, the drive in video is the old version . We upgraded the battery design, connect way is more stable.

Mike, Thanks for your guys suggestion. About the brake, Do you mean the brake power too strong? @mikenopolis @mbkahn3

Have you guys ridden a DIY board like the ones we build here? Majority of us use VESC as a speed controller of choice because of reliability and the ability to adjust settings. Or maybe ride a Boosted boards? Brakes should be soft and not a sudden deceleration that causes a ridder to fall. You may think having hard and fast brakes is good, but this only cause the board to stop, the person on the board will fall forward.

One unit stops harder than the other one

our brake system is electronic linear brake, so you need to brake slowly, better don’t pull it to the bottom directly.

“Don’t pull it to the bottom directly” that is Obvious.

the problem with it is that the two drives do not act the same which is a quality control issue on your part. Pulling the toggle back slowly on drive #1 results in a gradual slow down, pulling the toggle back slowly on drive #2 results in nothing happening for a bit, then the the board jolts when the brakes is suddenly activated.

What @Mikenopolis is saying is right.

Even if pull back the breaks slightly it is way too sensitive. This means that the faster I go the greater risk I have of falling off. Although I still find it dangerous I find that only after a lot of practice I am able to break safely. Saying that, I can’t go too fast because of the dangers of breaking.

If you drive a car you need to be able to break suddenly and abruptly for emergencies. But if I am riding my skateboard at 20 mph and suddenly a danger appears (a car in front breaks suddenly) of course I need to break suddenly to avoid danger. But with your breaking system that would only make me fall off the skateboard into the car in front.

It is simply too sensitive.

If I go at the slowest possible speed it is still really easy to “jolt” forwards from breaking. This shouldn’t happen

1 Like