The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

Hello guys, I am new to this board and new to e-boarding in general, but my research on Alibaba also led me to this landwheel drive system. I also had some nice chat with the people involved. I’m yet to buy my first eboard, b/c frankly I’m to clumsy to build one myself and this seems like a good, affordable option. I think they priced it at 350$ (400 with board) last time I asked, which really seems like a competitive price.

@cantstopme , hi welcome to esk8 , realy building one is just as hard as you want it to be , i do suggest building one in the near future just for understanding , but for learning to ride this would be fine , i am not expecting anything super fast for this money

hi guys , landwheel posted a video. this does not show any speed but the torque should be good

@daanstoorvogel, hey thx man, yea, the video is a bit lame, I asked them to show it off a bit more, I want to see it at full speed with some nice turns, also I am concerned about customs, I think their battery lacks certification. I live in EU and I dont want customs to confiscate the board or pay extra fees. My budget is tight for these things.

Oh wow, the casing at the tail-side seems to come loose because of the flex, really ugly/bad imo. They seem to black out the screen everytime it gets into view haha

@Justin: yea definitely looks a bit wobbly and lose, you can clearly see the gap. Not surprising if the only fixation are the truck screws.

i live in the netherlands ,tax and custom will be taken care of by landwheel , i have an message saying that ,

yeah , thats pretty obvious then again there is no mellow style drive that takes this in concideration right ? pour choice of deck maybe , then again price of this drive is less then a set of jacobs or hummies hub motors by it self :joy:, so this will not be a super decent product

Yeah i might just get it without the deck and use a stiff deck would be alot better, imagine hitting a curb like that!

I was a bit concerned about the range too, but the freewheeling kinda settles it. Btw is this a common feature of hub motors that you can push them like a normal skateboard?

Another thing is that the motors could be noisy, I found this vid where you can actually hear them run, what do you think?

enter link description here

I would say it would sound different with weight on it?? And if you are concerned about the range just get another battery. That’s the whole idea of that design.

i saw the video too , looked like it was filmed inside , en no weight on it. my 12s tb build made a serious noise like that . i dont think it wil be as silent a vesc and outrunner tho

Going up 20 degrees of slope ,so easy.

you can stand on the board and start it.

1 Like

please people get your terminology straight: nobody will be able to go up a 20 degree hill - a 20% one is a different story (=11.5 degrees) though.

3 Likes

New challenge for 4 wheel drive: make it up a 20 degree slope :laughing:

1 Like

I really like the waterproof, if it keeps its promise. I mean I wouldnt ride it in rain intentionally, for my own savety, but here in Austria we have many moist days where I wouldnt risk to ride a board without that feature, motor damage would be inevitable, also it should give me a much more relaxed ride if I dont get the panic from every puddle of water.

a 4 wheel setup with the enertion raptor mono motors with the right gearing. it will make any hill a jump :joy:

yeah sure - just not with you standing on the board.

Any more info on this board? I can get one for £685 in the UK.

problem solved