The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

This happened to my last order (just not for as long). The strange thing is that if I call UPS they say that it hasn’t left its original place - Netherlands…Even though it is in fact China. I have a feeling that they send them out to the main depot place for that area or continent (Europe being Netherlands I guess). I have a feeling that UPS are holding it as they haven’t paid the duty but the are on holiday which is why Landwheel haven’t got back to them.

Just a theory. But either way, they are back on the 7th of February

Hi everyone.

I live in Japan. I recently imported LANDWHEEL which is talked about here. By the way is the connector of this picture a new version?

@esk8jpn ow great do you have more info en pics ? I am still waiting

I took a picture.

2 Likes

Yes that looks like the new one! I’m sure we would all love it if you could test it and let us know that would be great! :slight_smile: @esk8jpn

1 Like

interesting. The battery specs increased. the old one was 25.2v 80.6Wh

Mine just arrived at the office today. Charged up the battery and then recorded the video below.

TWO issues right off the bat, the forward and reverse switch on the remote is still wrong, one would assume if the arrow point towards the front it’s forward. Someone there lacks logic. I mentioned this to them last time, guess it’s not important enough to correct.

The polyurethane wheel is not perfectly round. I’m not sure how much this will affect the ride or if it will correct itself after a bit of wear…one has to wonder if this revision would even last long enough for that.

Thx for the update where do you live i am still waiting

California. 45-60 minute drive from their Monterey Park shipping location

Hey, just wondering if you were still interested in buying the old one to tinker with. I’m in SoCal. you can have the drive (battery and charger) for $25 to cover the shipping via UPS ground. Since LW didn’t need us to send it back to them I’m was just going to drop it off at the recycling center. seem like a waste. lmk

Hey if he doesn’t want it mind if I take it? I’d like to rework it and do a giveaway :slight_smile:

Let me know so I can paypal you the funds. Thanks

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, Alex, but I paid him already. :confused:

I’ll update you guys when I tear it down for science. :smiley:

Maybe I can actually fix the issues, maybe replace secure the connectors better, check out the wiring and electronics etc.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’m hoping it at the very least it doesn’t break

Rode the board up and down the block once today, slightly louder “rev” noise than last one. Didn’t make a clicking noise like last time (yet). Expecting rain, so not going to test further any time soon. Torque is good and got my fata$$ moving quickly. I have no hills so that would not be tested.

BTW, there are no spare wheels in the box. I was told that they didn’t have enough stock yet and will send once they have it

1 Like

my coming Wednesday I hope at least they’ve sent second battery since the first lot I paid for two then? the third drive better?

Rode mine today and so far so good. Only used slow mode though. My blind faith in this design was shattered when the last one locked up on me at damn near full speed, and of course tarded me wasn’t wearing a helmet. The braking seems a little sensitive so be careful not to launch yourself off the front. Too bad we can’t re-purpose the old batteries. Feels like a waste. Any idea if the hub design is substantially different from the first two iterations precludeing a swap of one shits the bed? I would love to be able to do something with the two defective drives sitting in my garage. This thing definitely blows my benchwheel board out of the proverbial water though. Needs an endurance and heavy load test. Anyone else received and ridden theirs?

I am in the Netherlands. My tracking code hasn’t been active since 23 januari … losing my patience a bit here

Well you probably can… I’m not sure what I’m going to find but it might be worth reusing if it is a name brand.

I would’ve like to reuse the housing. being able to carry and swap a battery is one of the pros

Considering the connections are now very different, the old batteries will require some modifications. If anyone figures out how to make that work, the beer is on me. I got one of the hubs working on the previous drive so I made a setup for my 8 yr old son that accelerates a lot slower. This latest design, while being A LOT louder than the others, seems pretty solid so far. The loud noise almost sounds like grinding, so I hope it’s not slowly destroying itself.

1 Like