The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

Lower speed for the sake of range is the sacrifice I think

1 Like

by going very slow i would imagine. This thing only has 6 cells in it, probably 3000-3100 mah cells based on the specs. 67.2Wh is odd. And that’s a big box for such low power, i feel like they could have gone a bit smaller.

Hubs are not more efficient than belt drive if I’m correct , And i have a single drive, this one has dual hub motors …

Really curious what the performance of the board will be, Maybe you have to carry 5 extra batteries with you :slight_smile:

I am realy curious as well , if the range sucks . I will modify it .

Everytime any company puts range numbers they find horse jockeys to ride the distance attempt laying flat. They get so low and reduce the wind resistance so much they get better range going faster…as close to max speed as possible. Someone somewhere on the web explains it all but I don’t remember and you’ll have to search.

I think a hub motor could be more efficient if it’s the right kv Low

Got to be similar to these

1 Like

I am really interested in these as well, I saw them on Instagram and have contacted them and can get one for a real good price, just don’t want to be the guniea pig and have no money for my build. I got some different specs to the other website (I’ve only been on landwheels) I asked for the kv rating of the motors but all I got was this…

2 Likes

anyone actually tried this board yet? Getting ready to make the plunge. Figuratively… I hope.

They aren’t released till late July.

@rhinoinflight and @maxz , the sales rep i am talking to says that it we be posted firtst thing next week i will recieve it the 25th ( lets hope so )

Same here. Sales rep named Michelle by any chance?

I never went through your German seller. I contacted landwheel themselves (through the website) and said they will be released then.

@rhinoinflight nope eleen, if im not mistaking

Hello guys, I am new to this board and new to e-boarding in general, but my research on Alibaba also led me to this landwheel drive system. I also had some nice chat with the people involved. I’m yet to buy my first eboard, b/c frankly I’m to clumsy to build one myself and this seems like a good, affordable option. I think they priced it at 350$ (400 with board) last time I asked, which really seems like a competitive price.

@cantstopme , hi welcome to esk8 , realy building one is just as hard as you want it to be , i do suggest building one in the near future just for understanding , but for learning to ride this would be fine , i am not expecting anything super fast for this money

hi guys , landwheel posted a video. this does not show any speed but the torque should be good

@daanstoorvogel, hey thx man, yea, the video is a bit lame, I asked them to show it off a bit more, I want to see it at full speed with some nice turns, also I am concerned about customs, I think their battery lacks certification. I live in EU and I dont want customs to confiscate the board or pay extra fees. My budget is tight for these things.

Oh wow, the casing at the tail-side seems to come loose because of the flex, really ugly/bad imo. They seem to black out the screen everytime it gets into view haha

@Justin: yea definitely looks a bit wobbly and lose, you can clearly see the gap. Not surprising if the only fixation are the truck screws.

i live in the netherlands ,tax and custom will be taken care of by landwheel , i have an message saying that ,