Supplies came in yesterday and immediately started laying fiber, unfortunately did not have a lot of time from getting off work, tell too dark to work to sneak in any pictures of the process, am in a mad rush to get this done before friday.
So far everything has been going fairly smoothly, aside from the vacuum bag being a real pain to work with as it is so thick and does not like to give. Am hoping this last layup I did tonight will be the final, and if it is will have used 6 layers of carbon fiber. Three layers isolated in the battery space and three full layers covering the entire deck. Am a little curious to see how this last layup will turn out since I did 4 layers at a time, and putting the layup into the bag was a bit tricky....it will likely have a few imperfections in the final result, but am not overly concerned since it is not for form but simply for function.
Heres the only picture I got of the second layup already in the bag
And here is another picture of what I made at work the last couple days.
Am going to travel the east coast by longboard in Australia, so decided it would be useful to have a trailer