The Derek Evo 4wd

I read another post and it said that the power cables are what messes with foc because of the voltage spikes along the longer cables. It can be mitigated by using more capacitors

1 Like

yeah but I heard a better solution was just to use thicker guage wire so I did I used 10awg

1 Like

Are you using the modded GT2B. After riding his boards using them I changed all my remotes to them. Best advice ever

He actually gave me a gt2b mod after loosing the raffel that you did at the socal Speed day , same day loved it only remote I will use

Lol didn’t his brother get it in that raffle? So basically you won the raffle. Is Drew on the forum? Hope he’s doing well

I didn’t win lol his brother put in 20$ if I remember and won to my 5$ and Derek only gave me the gt2b mod housing I allready had the controller he offered a full controller with the mod but I felt bad so I just took the gt2b mod just the housing

Build looks nice. Whats the top speed supposed to be on the speed versions on 12s?

2wd I have no clue 4wd I think 62mph weighted around 50ish I feel if I’d gone a vesc 6 I’d have a higher top speed anyone with a 2wd wana chime in

Well you have 4 focbox. You’re splitting the amp draw so the capability will be within the limits of the focbox. It shouldn’t be the limiting factor. Just voltage sag. However 12s6p with a full battery shouldn’t be much. I just pulled 111A on my 12s6p (mostly full charge) and didn’t see much sag.

Yeah but I want to push to 37on bat and 110motors but I don’t want to fry anything those were Derek’s settings for 4wd he had a 25r 12s6p I have a 12s6p 30q I can pull more amps but I am playing it safe for now on 30bat and 60motors Tried 35bat and 80motors was a lot faster can’t imagine 110 on motors

Which is weird because I have my motor Max at 80 but it never gets above 70 so more motors would be even less. Unless you do bindings or hang onto board…

Well when I hit over 40mph yall realize how fast you pull more amps

Yeah… darn wind

Ive topped out around 41mph on this build because I feel am a little baby its going so fast and it Still has a lot of throttle left. And this is with 60amps per motor. But am still trying to figure out that ermp sweet spot they were talking about because it’s like anti lag boost kicking in from 28mph and launches to me 35mph

1 Like

I noticed that as well at a slightly lower speed than yours I think when it kicks in. I love it

Am debating on running foc sensors or foc sensorless am running foc sensorless and anyone know the difference is there a loss in performance. I have ran bldc hybrid before but never foc sensord what’s the diffrence ?

I think u get a smooth startup with less chance of cogging.

Is there a loss in performance because foc doesn’t have hybrid if I recall, running sensord is bad at high speeds for such hybrid was created but I never saw the option of foc hybrid

I’ve heard top speed is lower but if it winds up top speed is 51 instead of 53? Who knows till you try both. It’s not going to break 60mph loaded so Who knows

19 posts were split to a new topic: Pushing The Limits of Motor Amps