The Cheap Chinese eboard Thread

Looks like they took down the video and maybe YouTube channel

http://www.lectriclongboards.com/#!our-story/nbiaf

Update: no YouTube channel is still up lol

They removed the typo and reposted the video which is why the original link is no longer valid.

Their only selling point is price. “Give us $50k on Kickstarter and we’ll assemble a board for you from cheap Chinese parts” is basically what they’re saying. I feel sorry for Kickstarter backers.

EDIT: apparently they didn’t launch on Kickstarter. I wonder why ?

1 Like

That must be the “begginer mode” they refer to in the video. Oh pleeease, can I have $50k? Or at least a quarter for the bus, for when my cheap board breaks?

Maybe they over engineered the darn thing…and you can’t ride hard enough to break it…

There’re genius !

Here’s another one…

Elwing —or El Wing hahah Olè!

Looks like everyone is jumping on the hub wheel band wagon!

https://www.elwingboards.com/products/e1

Adios!

Lol I think I’m obsessed with this thread

Slick Revolution seems to be importing some clones …

Look like a Fiick and an E-go

Ugh … One more & goodnight

They make the smallest…so they say :+1:t2:

It’s not FIIK clone. It is I-WONDER skateboard from Malaysia. It’s actually pretty decent. Splashproof / Dustproof motor. Nice speed. Not sure about battery and range. Out of all cheap chinise boards this one should be actually quite OK.

Here is test speed.

Man this board looks so good. All black carbon fiber, the price is a catch on its own. http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Canada-electric-skateboard-longboard-carbon-fiber_60454009876.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.qgBggx

Really slick!

600 usd to begin with is a bargain. It has a handle at the back that function to drag around in town as well as a kick tail. All complete with charger, hub motor, battery and everything you need to get started. It can be a good base for some DIY builder to get started, really worth to do test purchase compared to the EGO.

#Breaking it down#

Worst case scenario with this gamble is shit ass electronics, mechanical part seems to be okay. We don’t know the hub motor performance, but I suppose it should be relatively okay if you are light weight with no hills to begin with.

With 600 usd you have (worst case scenario of item being delivered but fail expectation)

1. Carbon fiber deck (maybe not your liking, but its carbon fiber with battery - electronics enclosure)
  2. Front wheels and front truck if you later decide to go dual hub motor from other source
  3. Charger + li ion battery

In total this worth = 450 usd which is already more than 2/3 of the 600 usd

• Carbon Fiber deck assume, 200 usd
  • Front wheels and truck, 50 usd
  • Charger + li ion, 200 usd

Possibilities (DIY Upgrades if things are DIY compatible)

• Reusable workable Dual Hub motor, +250 usd advantage
  • Reusable / re-transferable BMS, +50 usd advantage
  • Reusable soft switch, +40 usd advantage
  • Reusable remote with receiver, +80usd advantage

You can upgrade with VESC, custom li ion packs and own controller for future, but the baseline seems pretty solid.

If these comes month ago, I would just buy this lol and start working my DIY path from there! More or less if you don’t upgrade it, you already a working eBoard while waiting for new parts to swap. Enjoy the ride, the weather and no urges required. :smiley:

1 Like

That’s the PhantomGo Raven. See more specs on their website.

Damn, the specs say that board has 220lbs of lift. Is this the first real hoverboard that can actually fly or float off the ground? :laughing:

@laurnts Sounds like you got a solid plan for that thing. Hurry up and get it so we can see how you end up modding that thing. Looks like a relatively solid platform for a cheap chinese option.

Yes I have left - right things inspected, but surely enough I need to ask questions about some of the details. ie: what batteries are inside (lipo / li ion, which brand). More or less what are the charging time, is it sinewave controller, is the motor sensored or sensorless, is the hub motor wheels are replaceable, is the bearing are replaceable, also if the cover can be totally ducted to prevent dust and water.

I guess I would just shoot a cold email to them and ask, although I am not buying at the moment.

same… this is a fucking joke!..

Kickstarter needs to prevent this shit from seeing the light of day.

“levi” your a dick mate… try innovating & creating…

your business model will fail.

I’m not sure if this belongs here … But I don’t feel like starting a new thread for this…

I just don’t see how the board wouldn’t eventually break…too many places where things could fail…but interesting design

http://www.linkyinnovation.com/

Uploading…

Great break down Laurnts !! I totally agree. I am just curious how big is battery compartment in this board. It seems a lot bigger than in STARY board. Anyway …for this price i think the hub motors are gonna be total shit and I dont expect them to be even decent. It would be cool to see some more info on them. The good thing is the wheels are 83mm - and JACOB is gonna make his hubs also black on black. :slight_smile: By the way here is a video with this board in action:

Battery info for this board:

BATTERY Battery Voltage: 36V 7ah Battery Quantity: 10pcs Range: 15 km Charging Time: 90mins

1 Like

This hasn’t been added to in a while…

Not a board but hub motor

This is the hub motor one of the members been using and burning out. Avoid it as good as you can!

1 Like

It is the same vendor/aliexpress shop, but the motors I got (post) are different, they are sensored, one failed badly, one I’m using it without sensors because they screw up the rotation, so it makes sense they are not using sensors anymore. I don’t use them much and mostly my gf use that board, they don’t overheat with her because she’s less than 60kg and goes very slow (max 10km/h lol).

I see why they went trough this route because their trucks were very low quality and bending causing the hub motors to overheat. I hope they fixed the problem because I’m starting to like them again as their compact hand controller is quite good.

They said these are 10s-12s … There is no docs to support that…

1 Like