The carbon revamp | 245kv 6365 single | 80a esc | 6s4p 12ah

So just been told the deck is now in the press.

1 Like

Who is making your deck and how much?

Company here in the uk called banjo board co. Will make what ever you want this ones costing £65 which I thought was very reasonable. But I will be adding to the lower deck a built in enclosure if I can get it right that is.

Im going to try and make myself a deck with a built in enclosure and use a couple of sheets of carbon fibre to reinforce it.

Yea I’m planing on making a rectangle frame out of ply soak if in water and then clamp it to the board to take its shape then sand it so it blends into the board once that’s done screw/bond it to deck then wrap in carbon like the vid. Then make a latching lid on the bottom with everything in it.

heres some inspiration

Yea seen some of them just seem a little bulky hoping that I can get mine as thin as possible.

Can anyone recommend a good 6s laptop style charger for this build.

Batteries and nickel strips have arrived so time to get them built up and tested. What’s the best way to test these batteries to make sure they are genuine

1 Like

A discharge test

Yea what voltage do these discharge to 2.5v?

Here are some good guides:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/testing_lithium_based_batteries http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/testing_lithium_based_batteries

@chaka and @whitepony may be able to tell you how they test their batteries. I honestly haven’t done a discharge test and these guys know more than me.

So have now glued my batteries together. Now it’s time to spot weld them but what’s the best route to do it here is two pic of the two option I think but what best as don’t want to short in any way.

1 Like

Any way will work fine. Your second picture would be better though as then the two terminals would be on the same side

So is two strips enough as have ran out of plating or should I order more and do more?

2 Likes

I’d put some Copper braid or something else on the outside connections to reinforce them. Some people do it, some people don’t, might be better though for higher amps.

EDIT: Yeah I would do 4 strips for the inner connections

Yea think I might see if can get some more but don’t see the need for the copper as people like @barajabali doesn’t use it in his. But then also I think two could be enough to join two as only one joining the our side is enough.

out side is like this at the moment as my switch died for the spot welder so finish this side of tomorrow.

1 Like

Hopefully @barajabali can comment - but once you get your spot welder going again - maybe add a few more welds to a few of those?

As i understand it (not a professional) surface area of the weld is important for current capacity? Someone clarify if i’m waay off base. Understand that your welder died, but perhaps add a few when you get it going again.

Moving quickly! Are those HG2’s? I got some from a reputable place nearby for my pack, but they were $$$! Not trusting everything to balance on it’s own i’ve charged them once now to make sure they are all at the same voltage - next it spot welding!

Yea hope he can comment. Yea getting a new switch tomorrow to finish of the out side and make sure there’s enough contact. Yea they are hg2 from gearbest but until i discharge and rechrage to confirm the capacity everything els matches up to genuine ones and at $112 for 24 made them cheapest delivered to the uk for me.

1 Like