Thank You Vendor

Thanks for your help @torqueboards

I’ll help you out

@torqueboards

@GrecoMan I appreciate the response but how?

He is the owner of the company. He is normally very good with helping people, his customer service on the other hand… I’m sure when he hops on the forum he’ll try to get your problem figured out. He’s a really nice guy.

His name is Dexter. He is known far and wide for his outstanding customer service. As for the address and phone number, I do not know

1 Like

Already learnt that lesson. I definitely won’t be buying from them again.

1 Like

@GrecoMan Thanks for notice.

@lownclean Hey Josh,

I believe there is currently a ticket opened for your request. Please allow us time to get to your ticket. We’re working on getting it resolved as soon as we can. We should check it sometime today or tomorrow.

We simply don’t have an update because it hasn’t been dealt with yet.

We know we currently have an issue with our support team and we’re working on improving our support but it will take a bit until proper procedures are in place. We’re still a small company and having phone support would literally take up way too much time.

Trust me… we do want to take care of our customers. Unfortunately, we can’t please everyone with 1 day shipping and returns.

Im gonna give you some good advice, you are welcome to take it or not, but it’s good advice and has served me very well…

Don’t be a dick.

There is so much non factual info and assumptions that are totally incorrect in the messages above I don’t even know where to start. It’s obvious your pissed, and figured you’d vent in the internet and cause @torqueboards some grief. Not cool.

This is a very specialized hobby with very few suppliers, so keep in mind this ain’t Walmart and have a little patience.

11 Likes

Sad you got some bad gear but doubt you’ll get much sympathy, especially on this board, since most “senior” members here are friends with dexter. I’ve bought a bunch of stuff off TB without any issues.

Maybe you’re in a rush to get your board running so these delays are making you angry but being such a niche bobby, things can take a lot of time.

My first build took almost four months before I even to got to spin up a motor.

2 Likes

@lownclean You have been a mamber here just over a month and have only visited the forum 7 days of that. For future occurrences you should ask questions and seek answers before you decide to be a dick and slam a person and business we have all done business with and it has been positive. Yea, occasionally @torqueboards support sucks but it’s much better than some vendors. A good majority of us here are like a family and you will quickly be labeled and ignored for stuff like this. Maybe you would like a chance to start on a better foot.

3 Likes

I think you need to realize that most of the esk8 suppliers are not really “companies” in the traditional sense, complete with a supply chain, customer service, human resources, marketing dept, etc.

They are mostly one man shops with some helping hands here and there so when something like a battery pack is DOA, its going to take time. Hell, even when I had to RMA stuff with Newegg it took 2 weeks minimum to get stuff sorted out and theyre an actual full fledged company.

Battery packs like these are custom and hand-made, theyre not mass produced like your average lipo packs from hobbyking. Wait it out, I’m sure torqueboards will handle it. Or ask for a refund and try your luck with a diff vendor but you don’t have many options when it comes to battery packs.

@lownclean we have a policy on the forum about vendor complaints: