Tacon Bigfoot 160 back in stock

@claudiofiore88 still a deal I think!

@treenutter I agree. Just makes you wonder why the price increase. I’m just glad I got them before the price went up.

1 Like

Did anyone ever figure out if these were the same as the old ones? I have two but I can’t use them due to a faulty space cell.

Has anyone noticed how much smaller the Tacon 160 is compared to the Turnigy SK3 245kv? They are both spec’d as 63mm x 64mm, but the SK3 is about 10mm longer. Anybody know how these motors perform compared to one another?

2 Likes

@Mobutusan I used to have an sk3 213kv, and I do remember it being longer than my new Big Foot 160’s even though they supposedly have the same dimensions. I measured the BF 160 with my digital calipers, and it appears to have true dimensions. There is an extra 2mm where the shaft extrudes out a bit on the back side though.

In my experience these motors are very similar in performance, but I have to say that the Tacon definitely feels like it has more torque. This is on 6s.

3 Likes

Interesting. I’ve heard that these are torquey little motors.

So, when I turn each motor by hand, I can really feel that the Bigfoot provides a lot more resistance than the SK3. So, even though the magnets appear to be about the same size in both motors, the Bigfoot must have better, stronger magnets. It’s amazing to me that the smaller, cheaper motor has such a great track record, and performance. So glad I picked one of these up. Can’t wait to actually use it now.

what about for a hilly area?

I love the tacon 160 and made these mounts around it. Take them all please…6 or 5 forget. I even have a couple belts and motor pulleys I’ll throw in. No wheel pulleys.

These are as tight as possible fixed mounts with 17 motor teeth and intended for the 36 tooth 3Dprint eBay wheel mount by voodobar. Or u can print it.

Polyurethane resin carbon and some Kevlar.

The mounted bigger silver one is an old mold and gone.

These sit around and I’ll never finish drilling them. They drill with the motor mount that comes with the tacon 160 and a bearing inside. In the picture. Tighten up the belt and drill. It’s not hard. 150$ and I’ll pay shipping in US. Maybe someone wants to make 5 boards! I want them out. I also have a tacon, let’s make a deal. With base plates and bushings and hardware

2 Likes

I’ve setup my Bigfoot Tacon 160 on a pulley but it’s missing a Keyway to keep the motor and wheel spinning together, how do I fix this issue? I have a Keyway but the tacon 160 doesn’t have a slot to insert the Keyway in. Any way to overcome this? Thanks.

Use a set screw

I’m using the Enertion motor mount. A set screw would def work?

The pulley I received from Enertion doesn’t have an insert for a set screw.

You may have to make a hole for the keyway then. A machine shop would be able to do that. @onloop can probably give you some advice.

Gotcha. Thanks again bud.

1 Like

Hey, Still got those Tacon 160’s? I’m looking to get some for a good price.

@Airmacx has one.

@bhaktatejas922 yep where you located? I’ll work out the shipping costs.

Anaheim, CA 92802

Ok can ship. What price are you willing to go for? Ideally I want 95 USD, 85 being the lowest.