Tacon Bigfoot 160 back in stock

No issues at all. You’ll just need to add another ESC to the setup as well and possibly some Y connectors.

So two Bigfeet will fit for a dual rear setup? Do you need 195mm trucks for that to work, or is 180mm enough?

these are 6364s right? that’s the best i can tell from the bobbypartz site. on 180mm trucks, 6355s leave about a 8-10mm gap or so between the motors when using 9mm belts, so you’ll probably want the 195mm trucks. That’s my best guess without having them in front of me to measure things.

The 295kv, I believe is 54mm in length. This would fit on a 180mm truck dual rear.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m607-bigfoot110-5325-295kv.html

Might be much faster, you can set it up on 12/36 or 14/36.

Thanks TB. I was thinking 63’s might be too big for my 180’s. I should probably finish my first single drive setup before I get ahead of myself though.

63 refers to the diameter of the can in millimeters while the second number refers to the length. 50mm and 63mm are the standard diameters for e-boards. I think the next step up would be an 80mm motor which @jaybird used on his 3-Wheeled FrankenBoard.

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/3-wheel-frankenboard-80mm-70kv-12s-vesc-mbs-matrix-mtb-custom-9-layer-rockitlam/1366

I apologize for the repetition but are you saying that these might possibly fit in dual rear on caliber

based on the specs i read, it might but it would be very tight if it did, i would go with the 195mm trucks if you can’t afford to experiment.

1 Like

@willpark16, I agree with what @longhairedboy said. If you need to be sure use 195’s, esp if you’re going to use the 245Kv which has a longer can.

i have a pair of propdrive 270kv 5060s on my 6S sitting on a 180mm caliberII with the older enertion mounts and they touch butts.

1 Like

haha thanks ill try it out then and see what happens

Wow! The Big Foot 160 actually went up in price to $63.74 per motor, and the Big Foot 110 went up in price to $59.95 per motor.

1 Like

@claudiofiore88 still a deal I think!

@treenutter I agree. Just makes you wonder why the price increase. I’m just glad I got them before the price went up.

1 Like

Did anyone ever figure out if these were the same as the old ones? I have two but I can’t use them due to a faulty space cell.

Has anyone noticed how much smaller the Tacon 160 is compared to the Turnigy SK3 245kv? They are both spec’d as 63mm x 64mm, but the SK3 is about 10mm longer. Anybody know how these motors perform compared to one another?

2 Likes

@Mobutusan I used to have an sk3 213kv, and I do remember it being longer than my new Big Foot 160’s even though they supposedly have the same dimensions. I measured the BF 160 with my digital calipers, and it appears to have true dimensions. There is an extra 2mm where the shaft extrudes out a bit on the back side though.

In my experience these motors are very similar in performance, but I have to say that the Tacon definitely feels like it has more torque. This is on 6s.

3 Likes

Interesting. I’ve heard that these are torquey little motors.

So, when I turn each motor by hand, I can really feel that the Bigfoot provides a lot more resistance than the SK3. So, even though the magnets appear to be about the same size in both motors, the Bigfoot must have better, stronger magnets. It’s amazing to me that the smaller, cheaper motor has such a great track record, and performance. So glad I picked one of these up. Can’t wait to actually use it now.

what about for a hilly area?