Tacon Bigfoot 160 back in stock

Oh right !! I did not think of montainboards … I will try try the 110 on caliber 180 trucks.

I’m pretty sure any 195 truck will work

1 Like

I think you’re right @psychotiller, I think I could cram these on my Paris 195mm in a dual rear config. However, as I think about it more I’m feeling pretty good about my single drive setup and I’m not really sure that the extra cost for dual is worth it.

1 Like

You will find you absolutely don’t need a dual motor set up. These motors are capable of producing amazing amounts of torque.

1 Like

They’re back in stock again just in case anyone’s interested, but coincidentally the Tacon Big Foot 110 just went out of stock.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m608-bigfoot160-5335-245kv.html

2 Likes

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Making a keyway

Thanks guys (@psychotiller, @torqueboards @chaka) , I think I’ll pick one up to have in my pile of “hard to get stuff that might come in handy”

edit: “Ordered”… Now to figure out what to do with this monster!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Claudio! I haven’t even received the parts for my first build yet and cause of you, now I have a second motor coming! Lol. Couldn’t pass this up based on the price and reviews.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Skate Tools : what’s on your bench?

Ahhh, my build isn’t even complete yet, but I may just have to buy one while they’re in stock again!

Anyone know if I’d have a problem of slapping a brand new motor on later alongside my existing tacon for a dual drive? Would one being brand new, and one being used cause any problems?

No issues at all. You’ll just need to add another ESC to the setup as well and possibly some Y connectors.

So two Bigfeet will fit for a dual rear setup? Do you need 195mm trucks for that to work, or is 180mm enough?

these are 6364s right? that’s the best i can tell from the bobbypartz site. on 180mm trucks, 6355s leave about a 8-10mm gap or so between the motors when using 9mm belts, so you’ll probably want the 195mm trucks. That’s my best guess without having them in front of me to measure things.

The 295kv, I believe is 54mm in length. This would fit on a 180mm truck dual rear.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m607-bigfoot110-5325-295kv.html

Might be much faster, you can set it up on 12/36 or 14/36.

Thanks TB. I was thinking 63’s might be too big for my 180’s. I should probably finish my first single drive setup before I get ahead of myself though.

63 refers to the diameter of the can in millimeters while the second number refers to the length. 50mm and 63mm are the standard diameters for e-boards. I think the next step up would be an 80mm motor which @jaybird used on his 3-Wheeled FrankenBoard.

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/3-wheel-frankenboard-80mm-70kv-12s-vesc-mbs-matrix-mtb-custom-9-layer-rockitlam/1366

I apologize for the repetition but are you saying that these might possibly fit in dual rear on caliber

based on the specs i read, it might but it would be very tight if it did, i would go with the 195mm trucks if you can’t afford to experiment.

1 Like

@willpark16, I agree with what @longhairedboy said. If you need to be sure use 195’s, esp if you’re going to use the 245Kv which has a longer can.

i have a pair of propdrive 270kv 5060s on my 6S sitting on a 180mm caliberII with the older enertion mounts and they touch butts.

1 Like