Street Carve / Kaly 6374 190Kv / MBS 110 / Ollin VESC/ 12S4P

hi Kaly , your insert pulleys are for the MBS wheels ?, did you make the bearing seat for the Trampa Bearing O.D 22.26mm or for Ordinary skateboard bearings 22.03mm.

Thanks!

Is designed for a R6 2RS bearing but it can fit the normal skate bearing

Do you know when they will be ready ?

Are they made of Aluminum,ā€¦, i would buy 2

Would these also fit the Trampa Stickies ?

1 Like

Great setup. Fairly new at this. Can I find a parts list for the setup somewhere?

Wheels:

Board: http://www.trampaboards.com/mini-ultimate-street-carve-trucks--9525mm-titanium-kingpin--axles-p-12178.html Motormounts you have a choice from @Kaly @Idea Motors you can order from @Kaly or find his similiar size Gears and belts you should get from @Kaly, there are other sources out there http://sdp-si.com/products/timing-belts/htd5.php# Vesc @carl.1 Then you are going to need batteries, cables, connectors, developing soldering skills and then you have to think how you are going to mount all of it.

You will get a lot of help by asking, searching and reading other past builds

2 Likes

Titanium is especially nice if you live near the sea (salt and corrosion). Otherwise I would go for Steel (stronger).

Frank

1 Like

MBS has some sweet gear without the price gouging of trampa. Will you ever make a mount to fit MBS trucks and wheels?

1 Like

Check with @Idea, he may have motor mounts to fit MBS trucks.

I first started building using MBS boards and parts. But their products are not that precise and this leads to too many problems with wobbles on the drive train.

Specially the aluminum rim spacer on their hubs is a hit or miss on a critical part.

And another thing is that at least Trampa is involve in the community in many ways, I have decided long ago to try to use as many components as I can from people or companies actively involve in the community, not just with offering but helping and giving advice that are useful to us.

5 Likes

I heard from Ralph DIY that Trampa has been harassing them about selling VESC. I thought trampa was awesome till I heard that. Messaged trampa to see if it is true but havenā€™t been messaged back yet.

For me personally is not about whoā€™s awesome or not, I am not anybody fanboy, what I appreciate is a good product or at least the intentions and effort to make a good product.

The Trampa equipment is not perfect but at least the deficiencies easier to overcome.

1 Like

Not the forum for critical Trampa talk. Their stuff is very nice. Works great for what we are doing.

2 Likes

What you mean by that? Tampa has been presing Torqueboards to sell VESCs? They already sell VESCs I donā€™t get it

Trampa probably wants to enforce the VESC name trademark and keep people from selling the VESC 4.12 under the VESC ā€œbrandā€.

We donā€™t stop anyone from selling VESC, since we canā€™t do that. TM is in Benjamins hand, not ours. Nearly ever open source Project has TMs, so that customers can identify the original source. If you download Firefox you want to be sure its the Mozilla distribution and not a virus infected clone. TMs serve the purpose that people can be sure with whom they deal and what quality they can expect.

The VESC project is 98% Software and safety relevant. Benjamin wants other Brands to use their good name to promote their products and not the name of the OS-Project.

Example: Brand X-Controller, based on the VESC* Ā® Open Source Project.

*Vesc is a registered TM by Benjamin Vedder.

That is what he wants, fair use. Otherwise bad products (software or hardware) have a negative impact on the entire project. As a Brand you should stand for the quality you make with your own name, not with someone elseā€™s.

http://www.vesc-project.com/trademark_policies_page

Frank

5 Likes

@Kaly any word on your site? When will it be up to view your products? Do you currently have a list of what items you are selling?

2 Likes

What VESC settings are you using on your board @Kaly?

These are my current settings but Iā€™d like to know if I could get more power/torque with new settings:

Motor Max: 80A Motor Min (regen): -65A Battery Max: 40A Battery Min (regen): -8A

I wonder if increasing motor max, from 80A to like 100A, could lead to more power/torque

Hi Alan, increasing the motor amps will (after a certain point) not increase the motor power. Your stator will eventually go into saturation, generating more heat, in consequence the motor will be less efficient and generate even more heat and in consequence get even less efficient etc. etc.etc. Its a vicious circle if you continue to pump in more amps. Every motor (stator) has a limit.

If your Battery max is 40A, your VESC will not be able to shoot 80A towards the motor anyway. It does not make to much sense to use different values for Motor max and Battery max, nor for Motor min and Battery min. If your Motor generates -65 A when braking, these 65 A need to go somewhere. If you only allow -8A into your Battery, you have a leftover of -57A. Since there is probably no device installed that could transform the -57A into heat, your VESC will in consequence protect the system by decreasing the regeneration to -8A. Its always the lowest value that is effective in the very end. This explanation is a bit simplified, but in the very end the energy needs to come from somewhere and needs to go somewhere. In consequence you canā€™t pump more into the motor then you allow to drain from the battery and vice versa. You should also watch out for overstressing the VESC. If itā€™s a VESC 4 design, 80A is far of any scale. 45A is appropriate, if its for a short period of time, continuous is more like 25-30A, depending on the cooling. Benjamin stressed a VESC 4 in a test and compared that to VESC 6.

Frank

1 Like

Hola This are the settings I am using

Motor max 65 Motor min -65 Battery max 30 Battery min -20 Absolute 130

Incrementing the motor max to 100 will not do much since the VESC 4.12 will not deliver it continuously to the motor.

Thats wrong. Just make a test yourself using for an example 30A motor current and 30A battery current and compare to 60A motor current and 30A battery current. From your explanation you will not see any difference. You will see a better acceleration before hitting 50% duty cycle and the battery current limit kicks in. So there is an advantage using different motor and battery current limits.

1 Like