Space Cell opened up

Unfortunately I’ve tried to also find the BMS, but have had any such luck…

You could just go with any 60amp BMS though: it doesn’t have to be the exact same.

jason , if you’re reading this , and have a spare BMS lying around in your garage somewhere ? pm me , or just reply here . i am beginning to like walking again . if i buy a new BMS . i wont have to walk again . imagine walking 3km just to get to work ?

If you all were interested i know ayaa tech builds some nice pcm I have three on some old spare bubblegum board battery packs. They are quality, and i imagine if i bought 10 or 20 we could good price for the spec ( temp switch, on/off switch, voltage gauge) what specs?

1 Like

WHAT IS THAT?

Positive negative connector

thanks im going to make a battery pack but can anyone tell me the equation i have to make? so i can know how many A and V and what i have to do please

So what’s the yellow stuff

Some sort of non conductive, plastic like material to add some sort of shape to the space cells exterior.

I was thinking of just using abs or something it’ll prob work

I just need something that creases well

1 Like

What size PVC heat shrink does the Space Cell use?

Ugh, I always forget but @longhairedboy knows

@RunPlayBack i dont know the diameter but the flat width measures 178mm, 180 would be fine if you cant find the exact size. 190 might be fine too.

@cmatson @longhairedboy sweet thanks ya’ll!

Hi guys,

I am wondering whether it will be possible to decompose a Enertion Raptor battery cell into two shorter packs (connected with flexible wires) which can cope with the flex of a Loaded Vanguard (flex 1). Does anybody know by chance how the three parallel groups are arranged?

Any thoughts???

Cheers Tobias

You would need to resolder the entire pack, it criss crosses. I have done this, but like I like, you need a spot welder or to solder all cells into the new format. It doesn’t work that easily.

I have a spot welder at the office but I am bit worried about the criss cross thing …

Cheers

so the answer is yes you can split up a space cell into whatever you like if you want to. you just need to open it up and re arrange it. I added this to the open space cell thread so that you can reference the photos above.

It just takes time. You need new stripping and time to get it down to cell by cell. If you need it in another shape (like I did), its well worth it.

Hey it works if you solder the bits together I have done it for a year now sometimes it brakes down once in a month but you have to just solder the connections back

1 Like

has anyone sourced the switch used in these spacecells?