Solved! Braking issue with fully charged battery

What setting you have on max amp regen?

Motor Max 60A Motor Min -60A Batt Max 30A Batt Min -12A

Are those settings for a single or dual ?

Single

oooooo

You need to apply this wiring to fix the issue

1 Like

Fascinating! thanks for posting your conclusions

I read hours and its very helpful. My decision is to keep the electronic simple at my board and bought a fancy Turingy Balance charger( charging outside of my board).

Question: since i have a balance charger i decided not to have a BMS between my Lipos ( 2 X 5S 40C 5000mAh in series), so I go directly through a spark safety switch into my motor controller ( waiting for the Focbox unit) During braking and down hill there is current going back to my Lipos - does this damage my Lipos ? Do I need a BMS in between? or can I choose special settings with the BLDC-tool. Or this back flowing current is not critical?

Wonder if you can help? My 18m old Onan X2 suffered a board shutdown during downhill braking (probably with a full battery). The board is now completely unresponsive. Swapping in the spare battery makes no difference. Is there a simple reboot fix for this or have I done some serious damage? What next? Thanks!

I am a novice to electronics! I have been told the board dying under braking might be ESC or BMS problem? Which is more likely? Which should I investigate first? Thanks in advance!

Just revisiting this problem. What do I need to do? Replace ESC? Replace BMS?