Socal Rider seriously injured night before last

I’m completely blown away right now! This is awful news! It’s a sad day for this man’s family and this community. To those of you here who knew Derek personally I am sorry for the loss of your friend. To @BigBoyToys rest in heaven brother.

:anguished: @Jess my condolences. He seemed like a geniune, great dude.

This is awful… I’d like to know more details as to what happened, but in the mean time my condolences to family and friends.

This is just terrible news. His genuine nature seems to have touched so many. He will be missed by so many who hardly even knew him. My thoughts are with his loved ones at this time.

1 Like

I’m stunned right now.

And so deeply saddened.

Everyone here who’s met him will miss him dearly.

Thank you for finding the time and courage to keep us updated.

2 Likes

This is a sad day! Condolences to family and people close to Derek.

My sincere condolences to Derek’s family and friends, a sad time for the ESK8 community, RIP :’(

I´m so shocked. Thinking on you Derek. Man we had so many chats the last weeks… what a great guy My prayers goes to his family.

1 Like

Oh my…wow. This is some of the worst news I have heard in a while. I hope the best for his family at this point…just shocked honestly. We have all had our fair share of injuries (i know I have) but this is next level. I still can’t believe this happened

My thoughts are with him and his family!

I am speechless. This is not real. The dude was so kind and helpful to all of us. I hope you ll get an awesome esk8 heaven 4wd hub drive with an endless battery. You willbe remembered brother. I am shocked.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for you @Jess and Derek’s family. The few times I chated with him were great, I kinda felt close because he’s a big dude too (though bigger muscles).

Can’t say anything because there are no words able to make up for your loss. My prayers accompany you all, and if I don’t know your story, maybe you should try and meet his family again.

This is a sad day.

R.I.P. Derek

Woke up to these saddening and terrible news. My thoughts go out especially to his family and those that were close to him. He’ll be missed by our community! R I P

@BigBoyToys rest in peace man, thank you for all the help you have provided this forum with, you will be missed

Just so sad, sorry for your loss @Jess, try and reconsider to go to the funeral so as to not add a regret.

I’m new here although it was obvious Derek was a loved and respected member here who epitomised the spirit of esk8.

Although to some this may seem a somewhat spurious, quasi-illegal hobby, there are many of us who think this whole esk8 ‘thing’ is on the forefront of something important; a new means of mass-transport and sporting endevour - we all want to fly, we are a merry band of outcasts & in Derek was a beacon of pushing the limits of what is possible, his contributions will be remembered.

fly on Derek

Wishing you the best

2 Likes

I’m so shocked. We’ve lost a big member with a bigger heart. We’re all mourning, thank you @Jess for keeping us updated in such a difficult time. Please let us know if you guys need anything, you’ve the entire Esk8 community behind you.

4 Likes

So terribly sorry for Derek and his family. My thoughts are with you. RIP

A very sad day for the whole community and not only. I never had the honor to meet him, I just see how much respect and love he has gained here among us. R.I.P. Derek

2 Likes

Oh wow! I’m just waking up to this terrible tragic news!

I’m sorry sorry to hear this, I can’t begin to imagine what you and his family are going through. He was a great guy and a much loved member of this community. He will be sorely missed.

We can only hope he is up there esk8ing amongst the clouds… :pensive:

Rest in peace big man.

3 Likes