Socal Rider seriously injured night before last

This is a terrible loss…I have no words.

This community is lesser without you @BigBoyToys you will be missed…

@Jess my condolences to you, and the whole family.

1 Like

Speechless…

If there’s any group rides this weekend, I suggest a “paddle out” and some silence for a fallen brother

2 Likes

R.I.P. man :sob:

Is there anyway to get his parents address to send a card or flowers?

R.I.P dude…unbelievable this happened to such a good person :cry:

1 Like

hey mate, check this http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/fundraising-for-derek-that-passed-away-on-his-electric-skateboard-miss-you-man/42176/20

Truly sad news. He was really contributing in this society. Rest in peace.

Goes to show you can never be to careful RIP Dude

Wow, this is horrible news. Was really hoping to hear he pulled through. He had some of the craziest powerful builds and was always happily giving out suggestions and comparisons for everyone else that couldn’t get them as fast as him. He’s given me a bunch of advice as well, even on my little setup. He’s even offered to help me out with parts if I paid shipping. Never took him up on the offer though.

Sorry for your loss and he will be greatly missed through this community. I remember when everyone was so excited about trying to get the new carvons and he had already been testing them on his board. He definitely threw himself into the innovation of this sport(?).

I never met him in person but he was so helpful to the esk8 community. He never acted like he was above anyone even though he always had the best stuff. He didn’t keep all the juicy exclusive info to himself, he happily shared his experiences to help everyone else with their future setups. He always joked about being a big guy. I remember someone asked how he had so many nice boards and he said it was because he had a good job and no kids lol. He seemed to have a fun life and played hard.

RIP @BigBoyToys

7 Likes

This is truly awful to hear.

@Jess my condolences to you and Derek’s family.

Direct from family: As of 9am PST Dec. 29th, he is still on life support. They will be making a decision today.

4 Likes

This is heartbreaking guys and gals

Good vibes your way @BigBoyToys

so much love and our most heartfelt prayers guys @BigBoyToys, @jess & fam.

what’s going on here guys? we all just want him to be ok.

1 Like

I just got word that Derek is still alive. His mom is holding his hand. The friends and family are upset about the false information. Please wait till his friends and family share word on his current status

13 Likes

WOAH what?

1 Like

That’s exactly right @GrecoMan! This is as good of news as can be

1 Like

Thanks you for the accurate information @Titoxd10001

SO the info from Jess was false or just jumping the gun?

@moderators maybe time to close replies to this thread until we get some rock solid info

3 Likes