So I decided to buy a cheap chinese knockoff instead of building a board, BUT I HAVE A GOOD REASON! i think (LOL JK, no chinesium boards for me :P )

That’s a really cheap price!

Your not wrong at all! Only problem in my opinion is the fact that you might get sick of the board rather quickly because only reaching a max speed of 19mph gets old VERY quick. Unless you dont mind going slow/crusing all the time, then thats your go to. But if u want to keep the thrill alive, diy is highly recommended because you can always get a higher voltage/higher speed/longer range for a couple extra $$$ yuhhhh digg what im sayinnnn?

Just want to clarify, I am not a thrill seeker, I don’t mind going slow, just want something that I can use to get to work and back.

I know exactly what is going on, I have no delusions that they are doing anything besides being a middle man. I also know though, that that is the cheapest price I have found for an esk8 basically anywhere (I don’t want to deal with alibaba). I don’t expect them to dyno it, it’s a mass produced $400 piece of shit board, it’s not being sold as a $1,400 performance board . I don’t expect service, I want this as a base board that I can fuck around with and hack into something halfway decent.

I am trying to get into this on a budget, I don’t have a ton of money right now that I can throw around to “support the scene”. But if you read my post, you would see that I said

AKA “support the scene” after I know this is something I want to put money into, and I can save up for.

I see this as something like massdrop, a big group buy, to get a good price on something, with the middleman making some money on it also.

P.S. They have empirical video evidence showing it working, so why shouldn’t i trust them :wink:

1 Like

do you know anyone who has received any products from this company? are there any reviews? what is the chance you will actually get anything?

Here’s the thing. I either get it for $399. or I don’t get it and it costs me $0.

Doesn’t matter, like I said above, I am fully expecting it to be a piece of shit so when it is possibly slightly better, I will be pleasantly surprised :slight_smile:

Also, they shot the video on the U of MN campus which I live by, so there is a possibility I could meet up with one of them and see the board before I get it.

Final note: this is probably one of the most common boards that I have seen, the more places I look, the more companies are selling rebranded versions of it. So there has to be something at least halfway decent about it.

You could always get this one

I don’t know why you need to justify your purchase with us?

just be aware of the false economy… it’s a trap.

I tried to pick parts that aren’t out of stock, so here it goes: sk3 6374 149kv: $50 (a 200-250kv motor would be much faster on this setup though) fvt120a: $50 GT2B: $25 Accucell 50w Charger and Power Supply: $45 Deck: $50 Caliber Trucks: $50 Flywheel Clones: $20 Torqueboard’s drive kit: $128 two multistar 3s 5200mah lipos: $34 =452 + $20 for hobbyking shipping = $472

These parts are almost exactly what I used on my first build (I had Paris trucks and a Tacon 160).

How did you like the 149kv ? Were you 12s?

idk, I figured I would post it up here and get people’s input, to see if anyone has done this before, and in case I was wrong, then someone could point me in the right direction on doing DIY

Such as what @paragon has posted while I have been typing this up (thanks by the way, ill look into that, and I already have a longboard so that cuts $100 off right there :smiley: )

I feel like you are not reading my posts… I know this is shit, I know its cheap, I am very much planning on having to spend more money on this (that I will be able to save up over time) upgrading/repairing it if/when it fails. But I don’t have a ton of money to throw around so this is the best/cheapest way for me to get into this and see if it’s something I like/works for me

Thanks for the thought :slight_smile: he contacted me before posting that and I declined, I like the look of what I ordered (its much slimmer) and I don’t want a dual rear drive as I want this as a long range commuter board, which is easier with one motor.

Thanks for the info, but thinking about it (and how shit i am at following through with projects sometimes). I think I am still going to go with the board i ordered. While i could order all those parts, it would be almost $100 more, and I would still have to assemble/mount it myself, which I can guarantee would be hacked together and not look that great :/

I’d treat it gently…for a while…

1 Like

Might as well went with this

$379 is super cheap! Until you spend it, then get nothing in the mail, then never get a refund.

If you want decent chinese board it would be better to choose I-WONDER board instead of falcon/lectric/luoov clones.

I say go for it, for science. Looking forward to your findings.

Lectric is kind of dodgy on instagram. I publicly asked them for specs and at first they responded with marketing gibberish, then they sort of answered my question, then when i pressed for more i was told that this was a fan account and not associated with Lectric.

I fully expect to see naked barely legal women rubbed in oil standing on their boards next because that’s what people do when trying to sell stuff to the young male demographic when they know its not going to end well.

Hopefully that board is hackable, and i totally want to see the guts, so hopefully you’ll get it soon and we can see what’s going on in there!

Hmm i had typed up a response but then it got deleted/didnt post???

anyways:

This is their instagram that is linked from their website: https://www.instagram.com/lectriclongboards/ And this is a fan one that some idiot named almost exactly the same: https://www.instagram.com/lectric_longboards/

I have emailed them with a couple questions and they are usually quick to respond.

Sent them this on the 19th:

Isn’t this just a copy/rebranded version of this board: http://www.melonboard.com/#!product-page/jis7r/975bc5ac-c45f-f81c-fd5c-c909f20d89fa

Got this reply the next day:

We basically took what they had and then improved it. We increased the speed, motherboard, motor, and braking system. Looks the same externally, but the internals is now a whole new story with this board. Levi Lectric Longboards

Sent them another question about specs, so it will be interesting to see if/how they respond

The fact that he didn’t launch on kickstarter after all, says a lot. There’s no way he “improved” anything on his own that previously wasn’t available from China.

Do you guys think this is looking more like a straight up scam instead of just middleman trying to make money?

I’m gonna send another email today just asking about the kickstarter, hopefully I hear back from them soon.