Skatey 800/fiik big dady/ superstar - Lead acid to LiPo conversion

Nice! I have the same exact one on mine!

I watched your other video… it looks like it is hard to start riding on this board? or the video was a lot older so it is not a problem anymore?

It looks like you could use some kind of ‘‘bindings’’ / foot straps for your board… I saw you jumped off of it a few times… with bindings it is easier to stay on balance while on the board… at least for me it is a lot better to ride with feet straps!

Besides - do you plan to do a trampa version? I saw you looking for trampa deck…

– One more note –

Haven’t you considering installing vesc or any other esk8 esc into the board?

I think the board itself could be quite a good ‘‘platform / base’’ to use with other sorts of electronics!.. Of course you would probably need to get a different transmitter/remote control but at least you would lose that ‘‘frequency noise’’ which can be heard when you accelerate the board! Actually I think we are lucky (other esk8 builders) that we get to use brushless motors and some quality esc’s! Otherwise our rides would be a lot noisier!

My board also does give out a sound… but it is a lot more subtle and I think it comes more from the motor than from the esc…

ug where to begin so i got this board cheap like 225 euro whel it is wat some call cheap for my it is a lot of money the steering was okay until i made my first crash the truck now steer weird if i trie to turn to the right i can only make very big turns and whell i just only make left turns as u can see on my last video i contacted the makers of this board but they sold out of the front trucks because the new model’s do not have these truck’s so it kinda suck’s and i can’t rly find a other one the wheels are 10 inch an most truck’s are for 8"

about that vEsc i dont rly se wy to upgrade and can vesc control motors wit a brush i them ?

about that trampa whel it more a dream then a ting i am gone buy i just dont have the money i get 180 euro a year and a trampa wil be like 1500 euro so that wil take 9 years :unamused: but soon i wil be abbel to work in a supermark or somting and i can make 20 euro a week 20 x 52 = 1040 euro a year :grinning: so in about 2 years i wil have one super nice

i dont rly care about that noise and the board it self is shit a smal crash wil bend the truck totally so il just use this board until i have the money to get a new one

btw my dad dose not like the idea of the bindings he thinks it is very un safe

1 Like

ow and btw i dont know wy but i dont like the vesc i prefer the robben roxxy 100a idk wy

roxxy is also ok!

You can try to make ‘‘open style bindings’’, like the ‘‘freeboard’’ has:

So - for how much and from where did you get your batteries?

i dont have the lipo battery jet but i am planig on geting 2 of these https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multistar-high-capacity-6s-16000mah-multi-rotor-lipo-pack.html if the board can handel that

Be sure to buy the correct connectors also!

Balance harness

Parallel charging harness (xt60)

just mad some bidding or a porto type

hah, you are quite crafty / handy / practical!

Well, just make sure it is easy to step out of these!

So far I have only fallen like 1-2times… without anything serious… it was only because I tried to cross train tracks at a very slow speed! It is better not to ‘‘chicken out’’ and just have some speed when going over an obstacle…

I have bindings like theese:

If they are too too tight it wont be good for your feet also! They need to be a bit loose (at least I prefer them this way)

I have no problem getting my back foot out of them and stop with my foot, if I need to!

Not sure what happens if you tottally stop with your board at speed… but it might depend on the situation!

i have lik fallen 3 times is because of speed wobble if u know wat that means

btw just installed them

but me wit my dum ass installed them on the rong side (smart ass):smirk: installed them to good way and holly sh*t the steering problem is no problem any more gone make the other one tomorrow tnx man

1 Like

hah im glad it solved your steering problem!

Be careful with speed wobbles! I’ve got only a small ones but I managed them because the speed was not very great and also because I was stable on the board! Without stability on the board it is hard to control it.

A lot of ‘‘mountainboards’’ dont have ‘‘concave’’ - ‘‘river’’ shape and they dont ‘‘lock in’’ the feet enough! Longboard decks are better in this manner, that the feet is more stable/in more control of the board, even without bindings!

Glad you fixed your strap! Otherwise you did mount it on the wrong size the first time haha! Now it should be easier to stay on the board!

Actually I think you made a good design! It seems that for ‘‘left’’ turn, you will lean / steer with your front fingers, then for the right turn you will be able to ‘‘lean’’ forward and hold yourself up with angle of your leg!

Dont worry if you dont understand my explanation! You can leave it out, I just tried to explain why I think your ‘‘binding’’ has a great shape/design and how will it improve your steering / turn making!

well wit my board there are non but when i go over a speed bump its like rly big speed wobble

I actually fell today (pictures later)… I fell because theere was not enough speed and I hit an ugly ice block… almost fell into the canal lol :smiley: I think if my board did not have any bindings and I would have jumped off there was a possibility for the board to go into water :confused:

Im glad it did not happen… board just fliped around and I landed on my knee and on my palms…right palm is the worst one… the rest is only a scratch…

just made my second binding

but this weekend my mom is gone help me to make so proper velcro bindings like yours

These also look good - I hope they are stiff enough!

When u make your velcro ones try to make them in a way that you can adjust.them.

Different boots / shoes will need different tension.

the new one not rly so that is why i am working on the velcro ones

Was the old one(in picture) just some thick wire with insulation (plastic around it)?

Nope haha it was bend PVC

So I am done making the new bindings Did not put them on the board yet

Looks like you will have a tight (strong) fit around your foot!

Just try it out a few times and try not stop completely!.. Actually I think the best is to have the front foot available… and only use ‘‘belt’’ / velcro un your back foot!

Take a look at this binding:

Im not sure what happens when you fall with such board… but it might be easier to get your foot out… just watch out for big rocks or big potholes / gaps in the road when you ride and you should be safe!

new binding are noice

2 Likes