Skatey 800/fiik big dady/ superstar - Lead acid to LiPo conversion

Cool… btw - if you can - change the topic’s name… change it to something like ‘‘Skatey 800 - Lead acid to LiPo conversion’’

Will be easier to later be found by others… and just to understand better the topic in general…

Click on the icon… right next to the topic…it should be like a ‘‘pen’’ / pencil icon… scroll till the top of the page to be able to see it…

Hope your injuries have come better! I got my hand scratched the other day! … part of the reason - too tight front bindings! Try to make it loose enough so you can pull out your foot if you need to jump off the board… otherwise - the board will roll over… along with you, if you fall / trip on an object.

PS - should have worn gloves… didnt have any…

Wear gloves, if you ride with bindings! Will save your skin! Helmet also comes handy,

especially, if you fall on your face/ head when you fall!

Just be careful… these things are dangerous, if you dont watch where you are riding / or what you are going over! …

I hit an ice (reason I fell)… shouldnt have tried to ride over it in the first place :smiley:

je i do always where gloves and a helmet (wel 1 time i tink i didn’t but i can remember :slight_smile: )

my wounds are mostly gone but i still can skate my doctor say in about one week i can try again :triumph:

so i have to leave my new batteries on the shelf

btw i stopt charing my batteries when thay are 4v per sell that means i have a total of 48 volts and 3 volt’s wont let any ting explode i tink so (and i hope so) and i dont rly want to de solder a sell i mean the board is wit out a battery second han for around 170 euro and the battery is out of sale 145 euro so i tink the risk is smaller to do it at 4v instead of desoldering a cell so i am gone go this rout

Could you post a picture of what battery did you get ? How much Ah / capacity / discharge?

that one 2x in series

1 Like

I don’t know how you manage to fall off that board! i have the same and never came even close to that. I have no bindings and would certainly not recommend them, at least you can jump off the board in case of problem Your max speed must be around 30-32Km/h, so it is still manageable. As said by Okami try to tighten the two bolts on the trucks. Mine is quite stiff and the problem is more to turn in tight corners than the wobbling.

By the looks of things you seem to be willing to just exchange the batteries without touching the electronics. I am very interested as I am in the process of doing the same (lead-acid to Li-ion), but I thought I would have to change the ESC as well. See my other posts on the subject where you may find some information.

2 Likes

about that esc as far as i know brusles ecs can take any battery aslong as it is about the volt thay like but be carefull because driveing ur lipos under 3.3v per cell can harm u lipos but wit lead acid batterys u can drive them down totally

if i was u i soud wait un til i have completely tested my board so u dont have to break a board :stuck_out_tongue: if any ting bad happens

1 Like

just done making the hole battery pack :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Cool! You actually look quite smart for your age!

What is that other thing on the voltage display?

Here->

Also - what charger do you have? How powerful is it?

Report (tell) later - whenever it works or not with the new batteries! 3V might still make a difference but let’s see, once you attach it to the esc!

One thing about turning - do you have these things called ‘‘risers’’ for your board?

These are plastic thing/rectangular shape/ which are mounted between the deck (board) and the trucks/wheel axle…

If you have them… you could try installing one with an angle! It is called a ‘‘wedge’’… it helps eiter with turning or for stability! In your case - stability is the one you should go for, when you install them!

They look like these:

I changed the ‘‘position’’ of the wedge and it made a big difference in how responsive ( turny) the board is… Ive got no problems turning a bit sharper now!

Check this:

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/swing-arm-steering-mechanism-for-the-regular-trucks-how-and-would-it-work/16876/10

The weird ting on my volt meter is just because of the suterspeed u don’t see that in real live

A bout. That angled wedge my truck are mounted berry weird

As u can see . And the trucks are the opesit way as the wedge the are bend the other way so

It’s hard to see but now we know that u got spring trucks…

Yes mounting is a bit weird, hard to say will it be possible to insert a wedge there, unless you make one yourself.

Understood about voltage. I assume each volt meter shows voltage for one battery pack. ~24v each

You got some really grippy tires! No wonder u get such wh consumtion

Probably performs really good on offroad roads! :slight_smile:

About the tires they are asome but a bit soft on the road if u want to rly take of u will make quit a big black mark :yum:

And about mum charger here is a pic

They where 22.5v when they came but me with my dump ass change them and now unloading them to get them to storage charge witch takes 3 day ffs I am planing on buying a new charger thinking about the ichager duo or the reactor 2x300w

1 Like

What happened with the charger? Why you set it to storage mode? U could have just canceled it I think…

No I was like ow my battery’s are here let’s change them Full and then when they were full I was o wait I aint gone use them in like to weeks and my charger can only charger to storage charge and not discharge to storage charge idk wy

:heart_eyes: More battery’s I got 6 now

Ok, got your point now!

uh 4 of them is sure a lot… I think you can fit only 2 of them on the board right?

6 lol I know they are not my ones (2 of them are) the are from a friend of my he has the same board as I have. But he doesn’t know shit about volts and amps so he asked me to do it for him witch I did

1 Like

I had a look at the ESC this week-end and it is quite complicated to have access without dismantling everything, so I think I will just connect the battery when I get it and see how it goes. It’s not a LIPO it’s a Li-ion 10S4P with BMS and anti-spark. So the voltage is the same as my lead-acid. I have also changed the tires. i had the same as you and i bought more road-type tires, although they are still quite big (8" but very wide). I am sure you could fit MTB wheels on these trucks, but then you would have to re-think the pulley arrangement as it is a very specific system with a three bolts holder. The whole thing seems of pretty good quality, but the parts are heavy.

1 Like

Either change the springs (tightness) or the - angle / wedge, For maximum stability, I believe the ‘‘truck angle’’ should be maximum parallel to ground… Not like this:

| /

But like this:

| ----

Also, did you fall when riding normally or when pressing the ‘‘gas’’?

I got extreme wobble today when I sqeezed the trigger waay much… some ppl call this ‘‘gunning’’… either way after the acceleration, if you let go of the trigger, the board starts to slow down rapidly and this causes the wobble… at least it did in my case :wink:

woud like to tel u bit i dont know any ting of the crash but that is normal for a severe concussion woud like to tel u tho

That’s the new tires I bought also. What batteries do you have inside?

I am struggling to put the belt back on the wheel pulley. The access is not easy with the protecting plate