Sk3 or Other motor?

If you go for a single drive everybody recommends a higher voltage and lower kv, so maybe use two 5s batteries in series in order to get 10s, which is perfect for a 190kv. In US I think @JLabs sells some with 4mm bullet, sensored as well. He may be running a group buy at the moment, check him out

Would this work.

Which motors are some of the most dependable??

Enertion, Diy electricskatboard, Blick block, Alien power drive…

Kv is too high, with 6s it will have a decent speed but horrible torque, while on 10s it will hit the rpm limit on the vesc. Sk3s are known to be good reliable motors, but I don’t think they fit your needs, you may find something better, like torqueboards or jlabs. Sensored mode is also a good thing, since it allows a smooth start from still. Oh, and multistars are not good batteries, try to find turnigys

Where are jlab motors bought?

I am taking a pre-order right now for them, 2.5 weeks and they will ship. Here is the link for more info http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/6374-stealth-motor-group-buy-pre-order/12604/13?u=jlabs They are reliable, affordable, and sound like they will fit your needs.

are those motors a first gen product?

1 Like

There really Isint a gen, it’s a motor. They are very similar to

How long would it take for it to be shipped to ohio?

2.5 weeks to me and 2-3 days to you.

so it would be here before christmas.

Oh yeah totally

Ill put a order in tommorow!

Im just wondering if there is any warranty and how long will the motor last?

If you take care of it it will last a long time. If you have any problems I will work with you.

Wich motor should I take for a 12V 9Ah battery I am a lightweigt person and am not planning to ride any uphill as I live in a very flat area. Would any of these two work for me?

Or

If you have any other idea, everything is welcome.

Hmm 12V is a bit on the low side, is there a specific reason you want this kind of battery? @koen1020

1 Like

No not any specific reason, I could buy a second battery to make 24V 6Ah. Do you think I need 24Volts? @sandrewvdv

My setup is based on cheap, but still fast. I’m guessing this is also your goal. I’ve bought a 260 kV motor ( altough I would recommend a 245 kV for better torque and larger size stator). I paired this with 2* 3s battery in series giving me a 6s 5000mAh battery. A 6s battery is easier to charge using a cheap balance charger. Also very important, dont cheap out on your ESC, buy a VESC.