Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

The NRF chip needs to occasionally draw far more amperage than the regulated power on a typical arduino can handle so it’s recommended to have a capacitor to help maintain consistent voltage when there are moments of high current draw I’m pretty sure… I did my own based on the nrf chip/breakout and the instructions I followed explain it further:

https://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/Nrf24L01-2.4GHz-HowTo

Guess is same deal here.

Use JST a small connection wired them together. It is easier to swap the case or changing parts.

2 Likes

Hi i just make my controler but i have a problem with get into settings , maybe cause when i even put magnet on hall sensor from one side is going all the way to max but from different polarity is missing like little piece of that bar, i try changing the numbers from 255 to even 200 but no difference , can anyone help me hot to change it to get into settings , and also when i plug turn both receiver and transmiter on display i still see is not connected , and i duno how to do it , if i need set something in vesc but i thing it should connect just when it turn on, i have these nrf24 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SMD-NRF24L01-1100-meter-long-distance-NRF24L01-PA-LNA-SMD-wireless-modules-1100meters-in-stock-fast/32367254718.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.otfQzv thank you for any help.

Which Hall sensor do you use?

This one

but i mesure Voltage , in one polarity have 5V and another have around 90 mVolts and middle without magnet have 2.550 V

Try to switching the mag around see you can get both polarity reading. Check the wiring and use the code under development branch not master.

i get readings of both but on one is going to full and on different polarity not going to full bar on display. So i cant get into settings

ah is common. is your hall sensor aligning right on the mags? ur mag aint strong enough. you need to drill through the mag holder on your thumb throttle and push the mags closer to the hall sensor.

modify the code to go into setting… and calibrate your value from there.

if you have more question how to do join the discord.

yea mag is not strong enough or hall sensor is bad, i talking about putting magnet right on top of hall sensor , not in remote wheel and is still not enough to get into settings so i need to change code ,but i dunno how.

You dont need to change anything in the code. Use the development branch (on github) instead of the master, as it works much better. To enter the settings you need to hold the trigger (killswitch) while restarting the remote, then use the hall sensor (throttle) to navigate the settings menu.

thank you, throttle working now , but i still have problem with connection to receiver , i see flashing connection logo all the time, is there something how to pair remote to receiver, or i need set something in vesc tool, but i thing it should be connected even without vesc.

i had the same problem in the past, the one in the development branch didnt work for me so i switched to master version and connection was flawless and yes it should connect without vesc. i would suggest try master and development versions (uploading both receiver and transmitter) see if you get a connection. if not check your connections to the nano. also i would like add i had very different experiences with the same nrf module. some work ok with great range some work intermittently. it could be my soldering job or lack of experience but if you search in google you will find similar problems.

Here is my complete built unit.

3 Likes

Is anybody willing to sell units?

I’ll be selling a run of 10 remotes after finals week is over. I’ll post details sometime next week once I’m moved out and back home

4 Likes

Sweet, add me to the queue please and good luck with finals.

Hello guys. I need some help from your side. :frowning: I read the whole topic and found no solution

This is my remote from SolidGeek

and this is my reciever with VESC-X

what I am doing wrong when I can not make any communication?

This is my reciever connect

and in the end this is my VESC settings (UART set to 115200 baud)

some ideas? I tried to change the modules, add cap’s or use newest version (transmitter+reciever) and did not help :penguin:

1 Like

dang son… @solidgeek u did this? :laughing:

Did you get no connection between TX RX or no link between RX to VESC? check you PM.

I don’t have much experience with this at all, but from the picture it seems you have connected RX where the FocBox says TX and vice versa.

@Deakbannok Honestly it’s not really from him but kind of intellectual property is really his :smile: I have no link between Tx Rx and measuring don’t tell me literally nothing :frowning:

Now im trying to make some basic code to check VESC

@Seikeau it’s all right i think, where VESC say Tx (Transmit signal) you need to read it with arduino Rx (Receive signal)