Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

I am not sure what is the backdraft for that cap to reset and ground thing.

Just sure you are wearing a protective gears. We are not responsible for any type of injury on here. By the default, the setup and code are fine. Both tested by me and others I have handled

This one worked for me. Itā€™s 0.68 one of the cheapest ones

1 Like

Is this one of the low ESR caps you guys were talking about? If it is Iā€™m gonna give it a go on 5v line and see what happens.

1 Like
1 Like

By default there is obviously still some type of issue in the design! Thereā€™s multiple of us that have this power issue, and while I canā€™t speak for everyone else, Iā€™m using all of the recommended parts on the list. That reset cap is the only thing that seems to have worked and so far as I can tell, itā€™s doing no harm.

1 Like

you mentioned you killed your receiver earlier, did it happen because of the the cap between reset and GND?

I donā€™t believe thatā€™s what caused it. I was altering the squared shape of the Nano to better fit inside my enclosure and I think I hit a PCB trace and permanently shorted something else. Got my hands on a multimeter and several of my digital and analog read pins are shorted to ground at ~1.2V when they should be less than 200mV on a proper working Arduino. The microprocessor just starts immediately heating up and burns to the touch. if it turns out it was the cap and my second receiver dies Iā€™ll let you all know

2 Likes

If you are having issue with center noises. drill the thumb

1 Like

The center noise isnā€™t my main concern right now. Iā€™m worried about this power issue and the ceramic cap potentially killing another arduino

Still got these parts for sale. PM me. Dont need to be bought as a whole but I am trying to give this away so im doing a large discount if all bought together.

I got:

3 * Arduino Nanos w/o Pins

10 * TP4056 Charging Modules (donā€™t know if you can use that tho but lmk)

10 * NRF24L01

20 * 5x5mm magnets

1 * SS495A Hall Sensor

2 * OLED Screen (They fit the ones on the remote control)

1 * 3.7V 500 mAh battery (fits in remote control)

1 Like

Hi, IĀ“m selling a full kit to build the remote. I would offer the following parts: 2 * magnets (5mm) Boost converter Lipo charger 3.7V battery OLED display 2 * Arduino Nano 2 * nRF24L01 (one already soldered) Hall sensor Micro USB Power switch Spring Limit switch all 3D printed Parts

Price: 40ā‚¬ plus shipping If anyone is interested just send me a PM :smile:

Well, itā€™s not gonna be much help for those of you trying to assemble your remotes right now, but for those of you interested in the idea, Part 1 of my tutorial is up. It goes over all of the preparation worth youā€™ll need to do before you can start assembling/ordering your parts.

14 Likes

Nice! I saw this earlier today. Iā€™m a bit of an electronics noob myself, so Iā€™ve been putting off building my own after I saw some issues people were having and adding capacitors and whatnot. I figured Iā€™d wait for a tutorial like this before I got started. I have all the other parts though, and I just need to order some more filament for my printer :slight_smile:

1 Like

did PETG

6 Likes

I want to print the case but I have to use 3DHubs - should I model this in mm, cm, or in?

mm. I Can print a set for you for $18 shipped by friday

4 Likes

guys, but what about the spreadsheets and electronics for the reciever? and can someone summarize if there still is some problems or if they have been fixed wich is the fix? Iā€™ve read all te post twice but still having serious dubts thanks a lot

1 Like

For receiver you just need arduino nano and the same 2.4ghz transceiver module as in the remote

For some people, the receiver currently has an issue where the arduino will freeze as soon as you turn it on. When you press the reset button, it fixes itself. Myself and Ervinelin have been attempting to fix the need to press the reset button every time you turn a board on. Iā€™ve had success with a small ceramic capacitor but apparently itā€™s not a consistent fix. Thereā€™s another potential fix that I havenā€™t tested yet but that I have the components for. That being low ESR electrolytic capacitors. Basically, itā€™s a crap shoot right now. It either just works for you, or youā€™re fighting with it to initialize properly.

What happened with capacitor fix? Did it fail at some point?