Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

would i have to edit the code for the nrf24 module or do i keep it for communication becasue its built in so im not connecting an nrf24 to any pins?

ill have more info when i actually start building these, until then you’re on your own im afraid

Alrighty then good luck

did anyone have any luck finding 3V hall sensors? so far i only found the A1120.

just asking cause i was planing to use the 328p feather which brings pretty much everything with it (charger, battery connector and voltageregulater) but the TO-92 only starts working at 3.7V which wont be enough with a lipo

The DRV ones from TI

Forgot the full name, it’s a long product number

those seem to be SMD only!?

http://www.ti.com/graphics/folders/partimages/DRV5053.jpg

1 Like

There’s a ton. Here’s the ones im using:

https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/texas-instruments/DRV5053OAQLPGM/296-40059-1-ND/5177936

1 Like

@chinzw has the one i was talking about.

I edited the code to allow me to easily swap between decks.

Update: I finally managed to get telemetry to work after fiddling for a long time… Just need to make sure to use the new rollinggecko library and make sure my edited code worked.

7 Likes

I am using the newest VESC Tools. Been play around with the PPM settings and Pulselength. The throttle cannot surpass the below 46 and 202 or the ESC will cut off. I am not sure why

well here in germany / europe that seems to be different. i found a few 2.4V switch types, but liniar analog ones… thats a whole different story. shipping costs me whopping 20€ from the digikey (and other sites) :unamused:

well i orderd them now, but if anyone knows a good site in europe / germany where you can find this type of stuff without paying a fortune on shipping costs, i’d be grateful

Hello folks, is there a way to use this reciever and wire it to something like an rc car esc to test its function with a the remote?also can it be made useable on something like a Chinese hub motor board? What would the process be? Much appreciated in advanced.

2 Likes

I bought those SMD from Texas instruments, solder tiny wires to legs and just fill up the gap with epoxy glue below, as the legs breaks easily. Otherwise, detection is very good even from a bit far.

BTW could you share your code? For feather. I have the feather proto m0, but could not make it work because the libraries are all different, and I’m not good with arduino. It would be great if you could do a quick error up of what libraries to use and your code. Thanks!

If you have a regular rc servo you can wire the ppm signal to test it. Although usually I just test with my board directly…

Chinese escs have their Rx inbuilt, so unless you have some creative hacking it’s not going to be possible. Even if you do get the ppm signal in there would be no telemetry data as the telemetry data is dependent on a vesc.

i will once all parts have arrived and i got it working. still missing the magnets, nrf modules and the hallsensors

1 Like

Just get the nrf52 modules from adafruit and then u just need 1 nrf24 module for the receiver.

looks like you have to figure out your problem for yourself :frowning: i have the feather 328p and its working flawlessly

1 Like

are those compatible? it totaly reads like the nrf52 is bluetooth only