Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

My charge module got super hot and basically fried when i accidentally reversed the polarity of the lipo

Did you remember to change the Rprog to a 5kOhm instead of the standard 1,2kOhm? The 1,2kOhms resistor set the max charge current of 1A, which is way too much. A resistor value of 5kOhm limits the current to 250mA.

1 Like

@chinzw, I know that you use the proto M0. Would you mind making a diagram of how to wire the oled, micro switch, hall sensor, and nrf module for me please? I really donā€™t want to blow anything up lol!

And also @solidgeek, I donā€™t see how the pins on the 328p are the same as the nano?

I did not, i dont have these small resistors. But i may have made another wiring mistake which is only when chargingā€¦

This would have caused the lipo to overheatā€¦ Not the charger I think.

Soldered up a receiver boardā€¦ Nice and neat

But I accidentally stripped one of the solder padsā€¦ Sigh so had to jumper it via a wire insteadā€¦ should still work I hopeā€¦

4 Likes

Which BMS model is that? Do you recommend it? Iā€™m in the market for a 60+ amp 12s BMS.

If anyone wants some high quality 3D prints I can do a small run of SLA ā€˜Toughā€™ resin on my Formlabs Form2.

I just printed some abec pulleys and they came out fantastic and dramatically stronger than the standard resins which are brittle.

The ā€˜Toughā€™ resin is apparently as strong as ABS.

8 Likes

Wow thatā€™s awesome! Maybe you want to print the remote? Is just the last part what I need. Well and 3d printer also need :grin:

Iā€™ve been getting a few PMā€™s about prints. Iā€™m based in London, UK but can ship globally for cheaply though my business (e-bikes for those interested). This resin is absurdly expensive compared to filament but I did some quick calculations and I can print a full remote for Ā£34 shipped to uk or 57usd shipped anywhere in the world.

PM me if you want one and Iā€™ll send PayPal details. Iā€™ve already done a few prints for other forum members.

Can I use this nrf module: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F222469277836

thats the one im using cause i had em laying around

Have u had any break ups or connection issues?

Because also that one isnā€™t pa lna

1 Like

havent made the reciever yet, so i dont know yet. Still waiting for a connector cable.

How would I wire that module. I didnā€™t see any labels for the pins in any of the pictures on eBay

2 Likes

Great thanks!!

On the arduino that Iā€™m getting it only has 2 3.3v outputs. I found a hall sensor that can work at 3v and so can the oled but I still need another rail for the nrf module. Can I solder the oled and sensor both to the same 3.3v rail?