Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

Pm please, here are you from ?

1 Like

US. thatā€™s the problem :wink:

Ohhhh yeah ā€¦ I was hoping for EU at most, sorry bud !

1 Like

depending on shipping costs it could possibly be a bit cheaper since some of the items would ship together :thinking:

1 Like

Just wondering if the design other then the 3d printed controller changed from earlier in this thread.

Hi guys, before a tell my question I like to thanks everybody who contribute to this remote. Great job! :smiley:

Iā€™m almost finish with my build of the remote but unfortunately I ordered the wrong NRF Module. Instead of the recommended one I ordered this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CORE51822-BLE4-0-Bluetooth-2-4-GHz-Wireless-Module-NRF51822-Communication-Board-RF-Controller-2-3/32673748670.html I has the same chip, so it should workā€¦ if I would know how to connect it. Iā€™m sure here is somebody who i able to tell me which pins I should use. I cannot find the labels like CE, CS, SCK, MOSI, MISOā€¦

Thanks in advance :+1:

I dont think it has the same chip. It uses bluetooth instead of 2,4Ghz Im not sure youll find anyone who is using this chip as bluetooth is not known to be reliable which is crucial for esk8 remotes. You will probably be better of buying nrf24l01 modules instead of messing with those(this chip doesnt support i2C or SPI either)

hows the boosted replica and where can it be gotten? iā€™d like any good thumb remote really but donā€™t want to get into the complication of making this Arduino one. I assume this Arduino one is expensive and a lot of time in making

Actually it is quite inexpensive, however, you are right about itā€™s a time-consuming build :smile: Hopefully I will be able to produce and sell some in the near future :slight_smile:

1 Like

With what program is the housing designed?

@solidgeek Come on solidgeek !! I wanna buy one !!

@pjotr47 I made it in Autodesk Inventor, however, I am currently learning to use Onshape, and thatā€™s a very nice program too :slight_smile:

@NAF My final exam is on Friday, afterward I finally got time to finish the remotes! Looking forward :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Could you just take a quick check at you pm I have to plan haha

What parts are you looking to get?

EDIT: Also, @solidgeek will you be making a tutorial for building the remotes at some point? Iā€™m waiting for the last parts of my prints to finish, and I was thinking of doing a short 2-3 part series about it. I might wait though if you have plans for a comprehensive guide or plan on updating the current documentation for it.

hey guys looking forward to build this remote soon. do you think this hall sensor will work ? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5pcs-lot-SS495A1-95A-TO-92-high-precision-Hall-sensor-SS495A-screen-95A-new-original/32699635518.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.FZd8KP

anyone got the finished schematic? especially someone who finished and has a working controller

Hello, can anyone tell me if this connection is usable? I do not want to burn my VESC because of BEC :frowning:

Thanks a lot 4 reply

4 Likes

Arduino Nano Tx level is 5V. You need a voltage divider to lower the signal to 3,3V (VESCā€™s logic level). BTW, why donā€™t you use 5V from VESC for supplying the Nano ? Is that nRF24 chip that much powerful ?

Creating a ground loop is not a good idea.

1 Like

@Pimousse Are you sure of that? I always connected TX/RX directly and it worked for more than a year, but I always had problems sending VESC data to the arduino, sometimes it worked others it wouldnā€™t, maybe thatā€™s it?

If I recall I saw a lot of people connecting directly also

what program or website did u use to make that schematic?