Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

Yeah still am. I currently don’t have time to make a listing on my website since it’s damn finals week for my Uni. However you can PM me and PayPal if you want.

Avoiding the electronics and selling the rest of the assembly as a kit is probably a good way to go. I looked into doing this like a year ago or so when I was working on my own nrf based remote too but think even if the boards are FCC certified any electronics device sold in the US or most places in the EU will need more further certification since it’s a “radiator” (a friend has told me anything with a coil in it they design and plan to manufacture goes through FCC certification, adafruit has some good write ups on what is allowed in terms of hobbyists building their own though).

https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/398

I don’t think any 5.8, 2.4, or 1.3ghz vtxs or receivers go through any FCC certification sold at numerous hobby shops across the US. I could be wrong tho. I know fatshark does offer 1 vtx that is FCC approved but I don’t think the rest are FCC approved. I wonder how they get away with that?

1 Like

Hi guys, I am sorry that I have been inactive the last few weeks, I had to finish my university project :slight_smile: I appreciate all the interest in my project, however, I do not have the time to answer all your questions at the moment.

I will work on some better documentation and a new software update after Christmas.

In the meanwhile, I wish you all a Merry Christmas! :christmas_tree:

12 Likes

pm’d you!

10char

Go it assembled Thanks a lot that was a lot of fun. Now I need to make the board :slight_smile:

6 Likes

hmmm… do I print at 0.005 res or 0.01 :imp:

decisions decisions

7 hours solid abs at .005 res :astonished:

anyone order more than they needed and is in the us? i just don’t really wanna wait for it to come from china

I got the same question …anyone from Europe with some more parts.

2 Likes

@PredatorBoards SENT YOU PM MY DUDE! NEED THAT REMOTE :grinning:

@NAF

Where are you from, UK :uk: here ? I might have some spares - micro usb, magnet, hall sensor, NRF, perhaps arduino as well. PM please.

1 Like

please? I cant imagine nobody bought extras

1 Like

That’s a mighty small resolution if you want it to be smooth to the touch, you could print at a higher resolution and acetone smooth them.

think i’ll print at tiny res, then just sand and paint. saves me the time of setting up an acetone bath

You don’t need an acetone bath, just a mist or acetone in a towel, but whatever works the best.

oh really? every time i’ve done it ive just used a bath.

I’ve used paper towels with some decently sized parts. It’s really just the surface that needs to be smoothed. You could also put spackle to smooth it out, but that is a lot of work. Acetone will probably be best. Here’s a video of acetone mist paper towel should work, just wash off the piece after because the acetone will continue to melt the plastic.

2 Likes

Hi All I tried to search on the thread but could not find. Is anyone manufacturing this remote and selling it ready to go? I am really interested.

1 Like

@PredatorBoards might still be selling. Even if not, it will still be a fun build.

For now I’m selling ‘replacement remotes’ for our Banshee. These replacement remotes are Boosted remote replicas. If you buy them, you’d be buying them for the enclosure and nothing else. You will have to fab the electronics yourself.

Edit: Another problem is that I can only begin selling if there is enough interest to group buy several at a time. Otherwise the cost to ship a single remote out of China is expensive.

1 Like