Should i dual 6374 my Raptor?

Useless pedantic correction: the R1 is a future model from Riptide, not a Raptor

1 Like

I agree, I love the Raptor 1 decks, I bought two decks, built a Raptor 1 and a CarvOn V3. That 10s3p restriction suck

actually never weighed it, just added up all the parts to arrive close to 30lb. I got the 107mm superflys, they’re 5lb alone.

1 Like

Jesus 5 pounds… yea I’ll never go above 97mm

They’re worth the extra weight broski

97’s ride perfect for me, doubling the weight doesn’t seem worth it at all.

I’m running a build with 6374s and a build with 6355s.

The 6374s have more torque for climbing hills but the also draw more current and have more drag while coasting. They also generate more heat and noise. Both builds are identical except for the motors and trucks. I do prefer the 6374s when climbing steep hills but I much prefer the 6355s when cruising the flats. Both motors are almost exactly the same KV. By the way, I’m using high output 10s Lipo packs. Personally I wouldn’t recommend putting 6374s on a 10s3p with 25R’s

1 Like

I think as the Esk8 market evolves, fast will be related mainly to torque. Anyone can make a board that has a high top speed, but it’s about how fast you can get to that speed. Most Esk8 riders I think would prefer high torque and a max speed of 25-30 mph, instead of decent torque and a 45 mph top speed. Only a small percentage of daredevils will even try to reach some of these insane top speeds

1 Like

Depends which city you live in. In westwood there’s some crazy hills and my dual eats up hills my single could barely make it up. So if theres any type of significant hills it’d say dual is more practical

If you have the extra torque available you could increase the size of the motor pulley for a few km/hr higher top speed.

I got my MBS 100 mm… and I read somewhere they are 390 grams each (about 1.5 kilograms total for the four, or 3.45 lb.). Now you are talking 5 lb. Superflys…Wow!!

The abecs are sooo much better than the MBS which aren’t even 100mm. If you ride under 20mph MBS is pretty great, above that they rumble. I’m never going back :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/2725?u=scepterr

1 Like

i’m in dtla and work used to be on top of bunker hill, and yes the dual is what i’d use if serious distance and/or hills are involved. the mono gets used when running quick errands around or walking / running my dogs.

2 Likes

Do you have a build thread for your dual 6374 setup?

i don’t, i meant to but didn’t document it very well and now it’s all done and put away…

i was planning on doing a similar build. 12s with 6374s. Thoughts on any issues or problems? Also. how do you send PMs i cant figure it out yet.

if you click on a user’s name, the floating window will have a “message” button, but seeing your account is less than an hour old it may not be available.

you kind of have to “level up” here before features are unlocked. not tough to do, just gotta spend time and participate.

the only issue with that build was the 12s4p pack + 218mm trucks + 2x6374 motors + 40" deck + 107mm wheels comes out to be a lot of weight, a bit shy under 30lb. the performance is awesome, frightening at times, but the weight of it makes it impractical to live with on a daily basis.

for that reason i wound up building a smaller 12s3p 6374 monodrive, which i use about 90% of the time.

I know, I’ve browsed on here for a week or so. I finally decided to build a board. I’m really happy with my boosted V2, but I like to build things as well. Most of the motor esc and battery stuff is familiar to me from my time spent building custom flying wings. It’s been about three years since I have touched those so some things have changed. I always try going over the top in the beginning for some reason. I think my intent was to build a board that could climb hills with ease and have more left over. I have a 48" deck I plan on using for my build. Do you have any pictures of the board completed? I could see thirty pounds being quite the heavy board, however most of my riding is for fun and not to and from somewhere I need to lug a board around when I’m done riding. Any thoughts or help I’d appreciate.

Eric

whatever photos i shared is in the pictures thread:

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992

then search by name:

Mine got 5.3 kilograms (11.7 lbs) so far.

Deck: 1.6 kgs Trucks: 2 kgs (1 kgr. each) Wheels: 1.5 kgs (390 grs. each) Bearings: 250 grs. (0.25 kgs)

So I think I’m doing good in that departament…

1 Like