SBEC and UBEC, how does it work?

My eboard is going to be built with vesc, 5000mah 3s 20c batteries. Turnigy 6374 motor. I would like to install a SBEC. Can I use any of these? What exactly does a SBEC do?

Can someone please post a good SBEC to purchase.

Why do you need an UBEC ? The VESC can deliver 5V to your receiver :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok thanks. i’m new to this, what about a BMS, do I need one? All input much appreciated.

Use the search button :wink: Everything you need to know is allready somewhere here in the forum.

If you buy high Quality cells to build your pack, you wont need a bms. Because (As long you dont do something wrong) they stay balanced for about a year or two. Just check them with a multimeter every month to stay safe. If you get cheap cells or laptop cells, wou will need a bms.

I’m using Zippy Flightmax 5000mah 3s 20c batteries.

I assume you are going to run these in series for 6S? Just get a decent balance charger and you will be good. The Turnigy Accucel-6 & the IMAX B6 50W are both good chargers. Don’t forget to get a power supply with them as well.

I never used Lipos… Not sure if they work better with bms. When i start to use them (With my next build), i will use a voltage display/Voltage buzzer. So if any cell go down to much, it will warn me.

I feel safer with a buzzer. You know if something in your pack goes wrong. A Bms never says to you if your cells are just okay or allready dead. Thats why i dont trust them.

THere are a lot people using Lion packs with a BMS, so I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with it, but I prefer to balance charge so I can see the cell values. I’m always thinking about maybe getting 1 bad cell and having to toss a pack because of it. I am actually waiting on a 10s Lion pack with BMS, but if youa re going to run 6s, Id just get a balance charger and the MEB Simple Charging Port and be done with it.

Thank you all for your time, i’m just gonna get a power switch.

Does anyone know where I can find it cheaper in price?

will this charger work ok?