RunPlayBack | 29" Jet Spud Deck | Single Carvon V2 Hub Motor | Space Cell | VESC

Did you ever have a look at the next size up in the series I believe it’s called the potato? It runs about 32 inches long and has a very similar shape.

I have run both stock 90s and 97s on my dual hub setup. The 97s ride smoother and get higher top speed but it’s a higher gear ratio and the acceleration doesn’t feel as quick as the 90s. Also I noticed more cogging when starting off with the 97s. I think the best option is to pay extra for the 90mm flywheels.

Yup I saw that, seems to be discontinued though.

Hey bro, I’m waiting to hear what you’re top speed is with dual hubs. So far I’ve only clocked 30mph on mine with 12s and TB Esc’s. That was on a fairly short straight away. I think rider weight also plays a big factor. I’m about 185 presently.

I’ll have to agree with RPB. Always give a couple kicks to get going then throttle. The motors cog a little starting from stand still, it puts extra load on the motors and Esc’s and your balance is not as good. And if your running 10-12s there’s so much torque that it can jerk you backwards. Even after a couple kicks, you have to be careful with the throttle. The difference between 6s and 12s is huge!

I’ll try to shoot a top speed test later this week, I’ve been curious as well. Was your top speed on the 90mm or 97mm wheels?

I totally agree upon this, however as I am introducing electric longboard around my friends especially the one who couldn’t longboard at all, they tend to stand static on top of the board and slowly makes their cruise. Similar to you, time to time I found it better and easier to have it kick push to get into balanced position :smile:

1 Like

My top speed was on 90mm wheels. I bet I could have got more with a longer runway.

1 Like

Curious if you’ve played around with PPM Control Modes: Current no reverse with brake or Duty Cycle no reverse? Maybe @chaka @evoheyax @kai or @elkick can chime in. Wouldn’t Duty Cycle on hubs be more efficient in climbing hills since it’s not basing it on current/amps?

2 Likes

Really only friction and wind resistance hold you back…try a very slight downhill with the wind 30+ to your back and hit the throttle (of course this is a rare situation)… the board wants to go as fast as the wheels can spin lol scary fun I don’t even wanna know how fast I was going…I felt almost weightless

I run forward/brake mode. No reverse Forward power on 100%

Here is a no load comparison of hub motors versus belt drive using gearspeed app.

Nice! I want to try that out. How does the Gear Speed app work exactly? Actually nevermind just downloaded it. :smile:

Lol pavement pizza speed

Kick start is the only way to go…why put more stress on the gear? Teachem’ right lol

What app is that? Android or iOs?

You input battery cell voltage Number of cells Motor KV (145 for Carvon) Wheel size Sprocket teeth for belt drive (1 and 1 for hub motors) Transmission ratio if applicable And it calculates max motor rpm and speed. This is bench speed and decreases with load. Decrease should be half with dual motor.

I’m using it on iphone. Not sure if its available for android but I would bet it is.

I love that look. Very utilitarian, commando style. Less is more sometimes. :+1:

1 Like

what does FOC mean here? (sorry if its a stupid question)