RunPlayBack | 29" Jet Spud Deck | Single Carvon V2 Hub Motor | Space Cell | VESC

@RunPlayBack this is an awesome build thanks for updating!

I just got a new pair of flywheel clones for my office cruiser (not electric yet) and now you’ve got me wondering if I should try the real deal. This was my first set of large (83mm 80a) urethane wheels and I am already in love with them, I’ll try the real ones next time!

1 Like

How long did you actually need that Y xt-60 connector cable to be? 19 inches seems like overkill, but all the other ones are only like 4 or 5 inches. The one you got is out of stock, and I’d like to order one but don’t wanna come up short. Thanks man!

Apparently, the Abec 11 81a is actually softer than the stock clone 78a which tells me these wheels all have slightly different specs. I have some Sector 9’s, Hawgs and clones laying around and the Abec’s blow them all out of the water and worth every penny. Here’s the 72mm on my Landyachtz Dinghy.

2 Likes

I cut the Y-Harness down to fit but yeah it’s a bit overkill. You can also just get some XT-60 connectors, wire and heat shrink. I linked to that harness for anyone who didn’t want to go through the hassle.

I don’t want to go through the hassle, so you posted just for me. How short did you end up cutting it? Would 5 inches or so likely be enough? Those wheels sound awesome. I’m stoked to get some on my setup!

We’re talking my dual build right? I don’t remember exactly how short but you can just eyeball it when you put everything inside. Here’s what it looks like inside of my dual.

Yeah, on a dual build. I would just buy that exact connector and do what you did, but it’s out of stock I can’t find any like it. All the others are really short ( and look kinda crappy) so I just didn’t want to get one of those and have it come up short. It’s harder to lengthen the cable than shorten it I imagine :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@RunPlayBack you got me wanting to get a Spud deck now for my next build.

It’s a really fun deck, looks like a potato chip but there’s nothing else in it’s class with that length and wheelbase and I’ve looked extensively for mini cruiser boards. @siggs3000 and @torqueboards have one as well.

@RunPlayBack Do you notice better acceleration with the 90mm wheels vs the original 97mm from carvon?

I has to be one of the best decks for this sort of thing. It has the wheelbase of a way bigger board but is compact enough to be easy to carry and stash. The concavity is the only thing to keep in mind. It’s intense but makes riding a dream.

I have 97mm on my dual. The single was 90mm that I replaced with the 90mm Abecs. When I get the 90mm Abecs on the dual I’ll report back. I’m assuming yes? The 97mm are pretty massive.

I can’t help thinking that if they put a kicktail on there, it would be the best mini cruiser eboard deck available. FYI I ended up buying some generic black nose and tail guards. I’ll update again if they fit.

2 Likes

Of course the Spud is sold out everywhere. Probably due to the awesome build done by @RunPlayBack. Everyone had to buy a potato chip.

3 Likes

I would hit up Scott at Muirskate and ask about the Spud. I know he’s gotten a few requests off my build article, pretty sure he can get one in stock if you ask.

1 Like

How does the Carvon fair on startup for a standstill? Is it pretty smooth or a bit jerky till you get going?

You have to kick push to get the smoothest startup. Personally, I don’t like standing with two feet planted on startup, kicking gives me a few seconds to find my balance and posture while I throttle up. I ride a lot in the city and the last thing I want to do is lose my balance in a busy intersection. If you know how to skate it feels very natural.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! I was wondering how the motor wheels attach to the Carvon motor hubs. I’m guessing you need to adapt the wheel somehow to make it work. Is this doable yourself? or would you have to ask Carvon for a custom wheel?

Pics of the inside of the motor wheel?

Disregard that. I’ve been talking with Carvon and figured it out. I’m thinking about doing a Enertion deck + battery + 2 VESC + Carvon Dual Hub + Nyoko Karma myself. Carvon mentioned something about how Enertion’s space cell was limiting top speed. Any input on this? Whats your top speed?

My theory is that the Bat Max 30A continuous may not be unleashing it’s full potential. I have to do a top speed test in BLDC soon. Right now I have it on FOC just to practice maneuvers and carving. I’ll try to do one next week.