Rolling Fortress | LaCroix Prototipo | Dual Focbox/6374 | DIY MBS Geared Drive | 12S4P

Chain wax may be worth a look

Please make a video of the drive where we can hear the sound. Really cool would be in combination with my app to see how it behaves at different power levels if you have a BLE module.

Yes it’s thick.

4 Likes

Would that be on the bench or off?

That’s what I need!!

The app has the possibility to place the realtime data over your video that you record with your smartphone. More info here

And here is a example how it looks like

1 Like

Also a remarkable moisturiser

3 Likes

yay my video is famous… haha xD

Does anyone know where I can get some matrix 2 trucks hallow?

Fantastic build. So clean and functional…and fuqqin’ beautiful. Your photo skills compliment the board nicely too.

And your drive system looks great. I’m surprised it hasn’t been asked yet, but do you have any plans to try helical gears as well? Honestly, I think that’s about the only thing you could “improve” on, if it holds up, of course. I love the sealed gear drive especially with the silent helicals.

2 Likes

Only @longhairedboy could provide you hallowed MatrixII since he has a special relationship with Skatan.

Where did you get yours ?

Some shop in Berlin : https://www.coronation-industries.de/shop/fr/trucks-mountainboards/8253-mbs-matrix-ii-pro-truck-system-black.html

I tried helicals on my smaller drive. They gave me more problems than it was worth and weren’t super quiet either…

IMG20180516215618

Not to mention they were very costly to manufacture and were a real bitch to align.

Probably the biggest problem was the axial loads, this puts a lot of strain on the mount and other components…

I ditched helicals after I heard Arc boards Fenix drives which were spurs and quiet enough.

11 Likes

I absolutely love this build!!! I just found the LaCroix board a few days ago on here. I’m still a newb but I would have bought a LaCroix at the special pricing but I can’t justify the expense of one now. The build looks amazing.

Just so you guys know… 3D printing was just for prototyping… I always meant for it to milled out but just can’t justify the expense.

IMG20180617115617

Here’s the prototype geared drive mount for caliber ii trucks that I am working on.

7 Likes

Found a source for this locally… will give it a try

1 Like

I haven’t tried your firmware yet simply because the thread is now 700 posts long and I was too busy to read through all of it!

I am also already using UART on my master to get telemetry to my remote, can I stick in a Bluetooth module on the slave?

I will try to get at video out soon when I have the time… Had to work over the weekend…

IMG20180617132206

Found it… But its not white…

1 Like

The one deckoz posted may be thicker can you swap for white lithium in the same place? Iirc evinrude is blue but maybe not as thick as the white goo