RIP TSG Pass you served me well

Just gear up all the way anyway :wink:

3 Likes

Why did you double the observer gain?

It solved my over current issues on high current at a specific duty cycle. It was a suggestion on the vesc tool if you check the tool tip.

Do you mean at high duty cycle? And is that issue easily reproducible? Please give as much details as you can. Also about the behavior of the motors when the accident happened. And which motors do you use and maybe post your settings.

1 Like

Dam hope you get better i took a spill months back at 28mph due to a similar situtation where the motor breaked …no helment lucky to be alive with just 3 months of road rash. Get better .

Now i ride only as fast as i can run

so earlier in the day, Eric from riptide went full speed and caused one of the motors to stop working and perma brake. This happened before (same motor i think) and i suspect it might’ve drv faulted. I restarted it and it was fine, but did it again when he tested again.

Later in the day i went full speed and i think the same thing happened again with caused me to eat it. The difference this time was that the board worked fine after the accident without the unresponsive, perma braking motor.

This seems to only happen at full speed… I’veer had any of these issues (including over current) on bldc.

As for the earlier over current issue from before i changed the observer gain, it would over current when applying to much throttle at a medium to medium high duty cycle. Never happened again after changing the observer gain

Glad your ok and hope the concussion is minor.

at the hospital now. sister wouldn’t let me stay home

2 Likes

Good call. Concussions are no joke. Get better!

1 Like

Damn! Sorry to hear. Glad you’re ok.

Man… this scares the shit out of me… I’ve been slowly working towards sensored FOC on TB VESC 4.12 on my gf’s board but I really think she’s better off without it. I wish ESCs weren’t such a black box…

Glad you’re ok dude. Having a motor or esc shut down on me is one of my biggest fears

So is this a vesc problem? Are these things just prone to shorting out, or something to that effect?

Daughter just turned 15 and wants me to setup her emtb so she can ride to school (though we’re currently using max6 ESCs which seem to be pretty reliable). Starting to have second thoughts on whether I want her to ride this thing at all.

Doesn’t matter how comfortable she is on a board, there’s no way one can prepare for instant brakes like this (other than dressing up like a fkn ninja turtle). Even then, a helmet only does so much. That Pass looks hammered. She’s already had one concussion from getting thrown off a donkey. The last thing I want is for her to get another. Broken limbs and so forth suck, obviously, but this head injury shit is terrifying!

@Jinra Apologies if this was covered in your last post. You guys kill me with all these FOCing abbreviations. Feel like I’m reading a different language half the time.

1 Like

There are some combinations of vescs, Motors, and firmware that work reliably and other combinations that don’t. unfortunately it’s hard to tell which will work without actually trying it.

1 Like

Wow I feel lucky. My first fall was at 34+ going down a hill. I didn’t have anything but my skate helmet, shorts and a t-shirt. Little road rash everywhere and cut palm. If anyones’ board randomly breaks launching you forward, I recommend falling on your hand first and get into a roll.

WEAR GLOVES PEOPLE. Best way to stop if something happens at speed.

Hope you heal up well. Hate to see someone who helped me with my first board get hurt. Concussions really stink :disappointed_relieved:

Might I suggest:

But seriously, DAMN, the hospital was inevitable, huh? I just thought of something. Do you want to try out my FOCboxes and see how they respond to FOC on your system?

2 Likes

i got two focboxes already, but thanks! Remember i told you they won’t fit in my enclosure.

Ah shit I forgot.

So glad u are ok and that it wasnt worse.

Get well brother!

3 Likes