Ride Time. how long can you ride?

The whole reason i did this was because everyone told me its “pointless” and “wrong” And because watt hours and range is common dog fuck. I like to do things different. And I learn quite a lot doing it.

1 Like

common dog fuck maybe, but can you link a graph with range as function of Wh? I havent seen one and it would be great to have, especially with the large enertion forum memberbase. there could be actually some halfway meaningful statistics! would be particularly interesting to compare efficiency of vesc vs other escs, single motor vs dual motor vs hub motor setups. I can tell you are offended, I would be too - but doing things different for the sake of doing it different isnt the best motivation in my eyes. :yum:

Is there some sort of online charting tool where we can add our stats and it will add them to a graph that is then dynamically linked in this thread? So that every change will automatically update the graph in the top post? That would be nice and really helpful for determining the size of your next battery pack.

1 Like

The only thing that offends me is when you call this forum enertion.

TB 6374 230KV TB V.4 & 16/36 83mm ABEC11 Flywheels @75a VESC Space Cell Pro4 Nyko Kama Slamma

Left with a full balanced charge. Arrived with LCD showing 0%.

Torqueboards Semi Complete Kit Dual 6355 230kv Dual TB 12s esc’s 83mm wheels 10s 5000mah (2x5s 65-130c nanotech lipos) Range 16+ km (10 miles) to soft cut off
Rider weight 210 Check the photo for distance and time stats. I returned home with 18% remaining on the last two batteries.

I carry two extra nanotechs in my napsack so the range is huge at 32km or 20 miles. By then I’ve had enough. It’s a good workout especially after running 5km in the morning.

With this setup it’s like hills don’t exist. I can start and stop in the middle of any hill I want. It also deserves respect. This is a lot of power and speed.

What do you have to do with your batteries to get the most distance out of it?

Put.them in the.oven :smiley: (sarcasm)

I think they may runaway that way…are you trying to get to the moon?

1 Like

Nah just set.it.to very low temp and dont keep for too long :smiley:

1 Like

Hey, just wondering if anybody could give me some info on what distance I could be getting from a 10s2p li-ion pack?

18 Km . give or take…

1 Like

Ummm where did you get that number from

I’m more inclined to say it should be 18 kilometers. 36v x 5000mah is 180,000 divided by 1000 is 180WH. With only 2P though voltage sag will be a factor. I would expect maybe 20%+ less as the ballpark cause the batteries will get hot. Other factors come into play as well.

I’m 95kg and use 12wh per km. Seems to work for me. Not too many hills here.

the correct answer is “it depends” depends on your wheel size. depends on your wheel compound. depends on your drive setup. depends on your gear ratio. depends on your weight. depends on how many hills.

I actually did mean to say Kilometers. I’m Australian, I dont know what a mile is. sorry.

3 Likes

what is your top speed ?

Did some calculations for my new board which has a 12s5p 30q.

• 648 wh battery
  • average riding 7wh/km = 92km

A little bit more than what I aimed for. But love it :star_struck:

That’s super low wh. Are you creeping or riding?

Depends on lead foot or no lead foot

Carvon speeddrive, the coast is insane on these. The last 90km I did 7wh average with average speed of 20km/h.